Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Help

Unlimited - yeah, right

Posted: Aug 3rd, 2017 - 4:23 pm In Reply to: Not sure if it's modem.... - anon

So Verizon offered the unlimited plan a while back, although anyone who has the plan knows that it is not unlimited (unless you like to watch the Verizon channel with Snooki and JWow). So I think what happened is that a billion new people joined and they all stream movies and play games (which hogs the upload big time), and now there is a whole bunch of collateral damage, which is us. There is just not enough bandwidth to accommodate the upsurge. It's not about the trees or the buildings for me because I've lived here for over 20 years and the trees and the buildings haven't changed. But there are more people moving out my way, new subdivisions, etc. When Verizon tweaks a tower by even one inch, hundreds of people lose their internet. I'm one of them. I'm talking 0.25 down and 0.09 up. Seriously. At 3 a.m., I get 25-30 down, 7-10 up, because all the gamers have gone to sleep. But I've already spent over 10 years on 3rd shift and I'm over it, no more. After all this time, my ISP is going to take my job away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)