Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

YES - As a patient and MT I do not care about

Posted: Jul 30th, 2017 - 1:11 am In Reply to: I don't care what they had to overcome - Val

a provider's nationality or accent, as long as I can understand and communicate with them. As both MT and patient, I have known American providers I couldn't stand and ESLs I love. I have been treated by ESLs and despaired of even asking questions because it was useless (and you can't get a translator when you're technically speaking the "same language"). I've also been treated by Americans who were nasty or brick walls when it came to answering questions. I'll take ESL over American every time if they're better at the job. It's not a question of racial or nationality discrimination. It's about COMMUNICATION, which affects everything a provider does, and at which a considerable percentage are frighteningly, even negligently, not good. But then again, perhaps US MTs' perceptions of how many are poor communicators has become skewed, considering we tend to get the worst of the worst dictators. Which would be a compliment, if we were compensated for it in any way whatsoever. Just another service we provide and VR/etc. cannot. We can interpret almost any style and make it look good in writing. When I worked on site docs used to thank me all the time for making them look so good. Well, to all the faceless dictators who continue to thank faceless me for my work every day: You're welcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)