Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I pretty much agree with you - anon

Posted: Jul 28th, 2017 - 10:27 pm In Reply to: ESLs - sm

You cannot do this job if you do not have an incredibly strong grasp of English and the rules of grammar. You are 100% correct. Being an MT takes some serious skill and I would actually say that 80% of native English speakers could never do this job either. I worked as a trainer for another company years ago and only about 50% of our new hires (Americans) were good enough to make the cut.

However, I do QA and I have to be honest here, the stuff they offshore comes in looking pretty good. Having said that, it has been through 4 levels of QA. So I don't even see how they save any money when it has to go through so many hands before it is good enough to go to the facility, unless these people are making less than 1 cpl.

VR is pure garbage as a rule, that is also a fact.

And I fully admit to being a bleeding heart, card carrying Democrat who is very much a part of the Resistance right now. Facts are facts. So I don't think you are being politically incorrect in the least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)