Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I miss being able to talk in person with doctors. - I once had an in-house MT job - sm

Posted: Apr 28th, 2017 - 7:26 pm In Reply to: face to face with providers - rose is rose

for 8 doctors who, before I came to take her place, had had the same MT since back in the days when dictation was given live - no tape machines. They had so many bad habits that although my predecessor could do their work just fine from cassettes, I was having lots of problems. They never said who was speaking, several of them sounded alike, and often went from one report to the next without even giving the name or record number of the patient. It was a nightmare! I had a discussion with the head doctor about my problems, and he agreed with me. It still wasn't easy to train the other docs to change their dictating habits in order to help me out, but eventually - since amount of dictation had increased and turnaround time allowance had decreased, they realized that the less time I spent trying to figure out who was dictating and which patient they were talking about, the more work I could crank out. I was the only MT in the office - part-time help was hard to find or get okayed. Those days are gone, of course, but the same principles apply - help out the MT by dictating a little more conscientiously, and the doctors end up helping themselves in the long run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)