Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Just went through a similar situation - Jade

Posted: Apr 28th, 2017 - 12:24 pm In Reply to: I don't think I can do this job any more - Old MT

I took an IC position with a company and everyone was so very nice. I really wanted it to work but then came the audio files. I have never encountered such atrocious audio files in my career. I would sit here at my desk fighting back tears because the drafts were a hot mess (even voice recognition couldn't decipher what was being said) and, icing on the cake, some of the most unintelligible ESL dictators I've encountered as well.

For the extremely low pay, I was averaging well below minimum wage. After giving it a try, I realized it wasn't going to get any better and found greener pastures.

It's not you, Old MT. These companies are just so greedy that they don't want to rock the boat with the clients and expect us to perform miracles with the utter crap we're given to work with.

I was wondering if you working at the company I had been working, but there was no straight typing where I encountered this issue so apparently there's another MTSO out there expecting MTs to pull rabbits out of their hats.

I'm so sorry you're going through this, too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)