Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Do people plan on working for these services... - Starzzz

Posted: Mar 26th, 2017 - 12:56 pm

until they use you up and toss you to the curb? Do you think for 1 minute that they are not trying to replace you with technology? They just have not quite gotten to that point (nor do they need to since people are working for practically minimum wage). This is humiliating, and I believe I have the right to say this because I waited until they tossed me out of the hospital like yesterday's garbage. Of course the hospital administrative team eased their conscious by spewing the same old fantasy about how these services streamline their services (translation: they hire 30 people to do the work of 15 to be able to honor their TATs). They know that we're all competing for scraps (hopefully intelligible scraps so that they do not fall below the LPH and QA parameters). I can't help but think the "big 3" sit back and gloat about the quality service they provide on the cheap. If I had it to do again, I would have left transcription 10 years ago, when the writing was on the wall. I was in denial at the time and could not see it (or would not see it). I wish I had it to do over again because I would have retrained and left with some dignity. Hopefully I don't offend anyone. I realize there are many reasons people are staying (working from home was a big one for me). I am looking forward to hearing others' stories (i.e. why you're staying with transcription or why you left). For the record, I really think if I had to do it over again, I would stay as long as I coud because it was a great profession. I was a home-based hospital employee for 37 years until they sold out to M*Modal. I loved working from home. An 8-hour day was an 8-hour day (no prep time for makeup or wardrobe). Also could take care of laundry and meal prep during short breaks. Working for one hospital was also a huge perk (no anxiety involved when signing off a job that the next one would be from a hospital hundreds of miles away with new physicians to learn, etc.). I could only take M*Modal for a couple of months. I guess I am still resentful about the entire situation.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)