Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

MModal best practices, help - Lost

Posted: Feb 27th, 2017 - 7:31 pm

Department names, argh.  I am having the hardest time typing, for example, "per infectious disease recommendations" with no capitals.  To me, that looks like a disease has made recommendations. 

We are getting a lot of group feedback on not using capitals for department names.  We are told not to capitalize anything with "the" in front of it, which I already knew and have done for years.  I know not to capitalize "the infectious diseases department."  But I thought if you could replace it with a name, you should capitalize it.  And that is exactly the feedback we get, but the examples don't square with that!  And the feedback my team is receiving doesn't square with that.

So I have finally gotten to used to not capitalizing:  Dr. Smith, infectious disease.

Which I hate, because I swear that looks like I am saying Dr. Smith is an infectious disease, but fine.

And I would capitalize "per Infectious Disease recommendations" because to me that is like saying "per Dr. Smith's recommendations.  But that is wrong.

Anyone else struggling with this and have any epiphanies on how this is done correctly now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)