Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Find another job - sm

Posted: Feb 26th, 2017 - 8:57 am In Reply to: When will Imedx tell us what is really going on? - Kafenervosa

If not for the money, for the sanity, for your self-esteem. I left transcription after our hospital outsourced. Sure, I tried the virtually guaranteed job with the outsource , Amphion---oh wait, iMedx (before we even got there---B*****Ds. They used us as bait for iMedx to acquired them) Oh sure, there won't be any changes. Amphion is such a strong company, they are wonderful, don't cha know....NOT. I had worked for services for 10 years (PT). I had done voice rec. This wasn't all new and different. It was just crummy. They didn't care about the account (typical feeling when outsourced, sort of cared too much, cuz I knew those people...they were mine for 25 years) and, of course, that added sour, but the reality was $21 with good benefits down to $9 with crummy benefits and crummy people.

I had been sold to iMedX in a PT job before....and the Amphion acquisition took place EXACTLY the same way. Kept a few head honchos and gave them honorarium jobs, kept the facility, kept the name. Within a year that had all changed. Frankly, I don't know if that is the case yet with Amphion. Maybe they are changing pace a bit. Might be at a different stage in contract with the recently acquired where they can't offshore quite as quickly.

But, sounds like they figured out how to off shore your work!

The uplifting part of this post. I found another job. It is interesting, it is based in the medical field. It pays about $18 and has GOOD benefits with strong advancement of salary possibilities (certification boost) I have responsibilities and self-respect---AND a whole lot less anxiety.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)