Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

amusing - LDSMT

Posted: Feb 7th, 2017 - 10:35 pm In Reply to: Time for you to get some of the hard accounts - Hmt

I find it amusing that you find it so hard to believe that someone can be really productive unless they just have a super easy account. My account is mostly great to me, because I have been on it for years, not because we don't have difficult doctors, ESLs that no one can understand, or terrible sound or anything else that makes the work more difficult.

There have always been around 16 MTs assigned to my same account and so it would stand to reason then that they would all be doing the same, right? Well, that is not the case.

It should also mean then that now with NJA and intelligent routing and all the accounts coming flying at us from places we have never seen before, that my line count would have dropped, wouldn't it? Well..by being very vigilant at keeping my fluency time and time clock as in sync as possible, I have actually increased my line count over the last month by 50 lph.

There are many ways a person can increase their productivity. I have built many short cuts into my system over the years that allow me to do many functions quicker than the normal keystrokes. I have short cuts for anything I can imagine a short cut can be built for. Many of them are so automatic I don't even remember the actual keystrokes you use in Fluency to do many of them. I was fortunate years ago when we could actually communicate with other employees when we were with Spheris to have another employee teach me all kind of tricks with short cuts and opened my eyes to all the possibilities I could build into my system to make functions function more efficiently.

I also started pushing myself last year to see how fast I can make the sound go and still do a good job. Inching the speed up a bit at a time, I found I could actually do most of the work at the stop speed, and completely surprised myself. I am good at watching the audio and correcting mistakes I see below in my peripheral vision so they are fixed before I get there.

I have a lot of skills I have built up in an effort to be as productive as possible. With no overtime in the past year, it has been imperative that I find a way to make the money I was making with overtime, without having overtime. Aside from the overtime pay, I am now producing as many lines a week as I used to do with overtime.

If a person has the will, the skills, and the ability to analyze and figure out what they can do better, it is always possible to do better.

I would love nothing more than to see those that are struggling learn some ways they, too, can increase their line counts.

If it makes you feel better, though, to think that a person must have a super easy account in order to do well, then go right ahead and think that, and shortchange yourself on what things you might be able to do in order to increase your own productivity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)