Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Retirement - Guru MT

Posted: Dec 9th, 2016 - 12:17 am In Reply to: My experience - BTDT

My hospital eventually outsourced ALL the medical records dictatio to M-Modal. M-Modal said it would employ the MTs losing their jobs, but these MTs found the training was terrible and pay was less than minimum wage. Eventually, all these transfer MTs quit M-Modal.When I read reports that came back from MM, they had a lot of mistakes in them, the hospital kept 1 MT, gave her a new title of document integrity clerk, she checks returned reports that name and account numbers and doc names are correct, but there is no QA of the reports -- so mistakes will be perpetuated in that patient's record. And most dictators don't have time to proofread their reports before they electronically sign them. Stress to your employer that they should really consider having their own QA who listens voice-to-copy to make corrections. Especially since MM is now using voice recognition for a lot of its work. Check out SR-Funny or Fatal page on Facebook, where QA people post the corrections they make. It's deplorable. Need to keep trans in US!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)