Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Keyboard - Veteran MT

Posted: Oct 25th, 2016 - 4:31 pm In Reply to: Trying to decide on an ergo keyboard besides Microsoft. - Need Opinionis

My favorite keyboard, which I have been using faithfully for the last 12 years is the Kensington Comfort Type keyboard. You can do an online search and find them anywhere from $14 to $25. It is an ergonomic keyboard that is great for people with smaller hands (i.e. most ladies out there). The tops of the keys are both concave and convex depending on where they are located in the QWERTY pattern, so that you have very little movement in any direction needed to hit the key. In addition, the space bar is longer than on many keyboards. Also, some of the keys are "angled" inward, again to reduce motion. All these adjustments to the keys result in much more efficient and comfortable keyboarding. It doesn't have function keys on the keyboard itself for sleep mode, internet/start buttons, etc. but they might have a similar model that does all that if it is your preference. I have introduced many transcriptionists to this keyboard and the increased speed it has provided them has made them very happy. Before using this keyboard I typed around 300 lines per hour. With this keyboard I have increased my speed up to 380-400 lines per hour.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)