Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: IC worker.. (Views: 37)

Think about this, Bill - xx

Posted: Aug 19th, 2016 - 10:58 am In Reply to: Can I break in without formal training - BIll Sark

Would you want the accuracy of your personal medical records or the medical records of anyone you care about to be produced by someone with no training, even though that someone might have ISO and Sarbanes-Oxley certification?

I cannot remember the last time I encountered a dictation with a measurable amount of aerospace or engineering terminology, even in acute care. It's not actually something that turns up at all. Nor is terminology related to business continuity or government compliance.

Physicians and surgeons and other medical practitioners are treating patients who are basically just regular humans with no enhancements that involve the application of aerospace or engineering technologies (and definitely no Sarbanes or Oxley), so MTs generally find that knowledge of anatomy, pharmacology, disease process, and just medical terminology in general is more useful.

YMMV

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)