Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 66)

To sickened - sm

Posted: Jul 9th, 2016 - 2:34 pm In Reply to: What's the shortest job you've held? - Sickened

I've been an MT for 25 years and have left a few companies after just a week. I told them both that I could see it was a bad fit and I wanted to cut both our losses. I accepted one of those positions because an account I had worked on for YEARS signed on with a different MTSO, on the same sleek platform, so I followed the account. I knew I could get up to speed quickly, but the system was tweaked at the new company to count lines so differently that I couldn't earn anything even though I knew all the dictators.

MT is a train-wreck these days; I think everyone knows that. I told prospective employers that I left these companies after a very short time because it wasn't a good fit. It really hasn't been a problem. The interviewers may have been concerned that I would do the same thing to their companies, but they hired me anyway. Turnover these days is off the charts anyway, and you have a perfect right to find a place that works for you. I don't think your integrity will be challenged, not in today's environment.

Oh...also, the company you're working for now no doubt KNOWS that the work is boring and the platforms cumbersome. They've probably had difficulty keeping MTs on board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)