Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 64)

You're not paid to do what...THINK?!?!?! - KTMT

Posted: Jul 5th, 2016 - 3:05 pm In Reply to: We are not paid to do that - Smart MT

You and anyone like you are what has happened to this industry. VERBATIM is what killed medical transcription. Offshoring work and verbatim which go hand in hand.

If you're content to be a slave, a trained monkey then that is all you'll ever be! You want respect... EARN IT! It doesn't just get handed to you because you are "trained in English grammar and how to spell medical words." And if you want respect and a fair wage from the MTSOs, demand it! Take a stand!

My skills go way beyond grammar and spelling, thank you very much! I take pride in the reports I produce. I take pride in the knowledge that I am educated and skilled enough that even though the dictator's accent is thick or sound quality is bad, I can deduce what is being said because I know what the normal dosages are for various medications or I know what instruments and what steps are used in a specific procedure or I know typical phrases that are uttered during a physical examination. I'm not just guessing and I'm not pretending to be a doctor. I know these things because I have studied them. I have paid attention to everything I've typed and I am darn good at what I do. I am respected by the people I work with and the doctors I type for. I am trusted and expected to use my brain. I am not a robot. I am a resource.

I have worked for several of the MTSOs out there and they are ALL complete and utter idiots who do not care about quality work, fair wages or American jobs! They care about one thing, MONEY! Specifically lining their pockets and short changing the MTs. I have been lucky enough to get out of the sweat shop and I have a job working in the office at a hospital. It is one the few jobs out there like it and I am well aware I am lucky to have it. But even though I'm not a sweat shop worker anymore, I am still outraged at what these MTSOs have done to my profession and I will continue to rant and rave to anyone who will listen. Nothing will change unless we change it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)