Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I was told to go by the demographics - on date of dictation

Posted: Apr 30th, 2016 - 11:19 am In Reply to: Are you kidding me? Critical error for THIS? - ...

NOT during the admission.

I would definitely challenge this. I thought I got a definitive answer (have not had an error with this since anyway), but now I am wondering.

I used to always try to figure out the age when admitted, but I was told by my TSM that you look at the age on the demographics (on Enterprise this is right there so no question) and have used this since. Except for if they are dead, age of death trumps demographics in my book.

Sometimes I think they avoid clarifying these things in specs or the transcription guide because they want the leeway to be able to pick errors (and pay) off at their discretion.

I have had a QA person on this very forum tell me that kidney/renal notation should always be arabic rather than roman, yet the speech engine spits out kidney disease stage III and I keep it. I'll be darned if I'm going to make all the changes and then suffer the consequences because they never spell it out in the guidelines.

Ridiculous. Glad you have found a way out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)