Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

everywhere - NotNewMT

Posted: Apr 18th, 2016 - 5:45 pm In Reply to: Anyone else experiencing this - Mt

I was working a tremendous amount of hours last year for a different company than you work for, and I knew my pay per week was not something to brag about. Our pay stubs do not include a total to date and I was not adding things up myself. When my 1099 came, it was the final straw for the decision to retire. Yes, I am fortunate that I could retire. It will not be easy, but we will manage.

I am sorry to hear about another fellow MT and those below, who are unable to pay the bills, filing for bankruptcy, and no longer surviving doing this work.

If you are an employee, dig up documentation of what your previous income had been per hour or week or yearly. Keep track of low or no work situations. File for partial unemployment.

Most counties or states have programs to help retrain people for another job. Apply for whatever assistance you might qualify for. We have ALL been paying taxes for people to utilize these services. If we need assistance, seek it out. Hopefully, it would be temporary. Do whatever it is you need to do to survive, save your home, put food on your table.

Lack of work, technical problems, horrible dictators all decrease our income and/or increase the hours we need to work to make the same income as previously.

Take care of yourself. This abuse could eventually wear you down and it would be unusual for any of these companies to have disability coverage for us.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)