Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

We can do this! - mom22

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2016 - 11:34 am In Reply to: I am too poor to buy a new wardrobe also. - sm

I'm starting to believe that a STEADY paycheck is better than one that I never know how I can budget because it's so up and down. One would think you could just bank on minimum lines with lowest pay and budget that way, but you have to have work in there which 1-2 days a week, there isn't.

One black pair of pants can get you in the door at least and then just head to Goodwill. We have several in our town, and one of them is in a very nice location, so you can get super nice clothes.

I remember the day in MT when I had money in the bank and if I wanted to buy a $20 shirt, I could without thinking. Now, I am usually in a deficit at the bank (thank goodness for overdraft) and I'm struggling to buy a $2 shirt for my kids while my $3 bra wouldn't even work as a sling shot!

So minimum wage for 8 hours where you can advance without having to donate an organ or something, with benefits, might just be the ticket.

It's a scary thing. VERY scary when you've been home for so long. I'm afraid of it too, but if I don't do something soon, I won't really have to worry about it because, out of all the jobs I've ever had, this one is the one that is going to do me in.

So...we can do this. Grab those black pants, the shirt that makes you feel the fiercest, and knock on some doors!!! We just keep trying until we get something. Right???

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)