Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Flexing Not Cherry Picking - CMT for decades

Posted: Mar 25th, 2016 - 11:46 am In Reply to: I Would - Also

Maybe there are 2 types of flexing hours. I am familiar when a company says you can flex your hours between a 12-hour time slot that you can work and take a long break and come back and finish or whatever you want in that 12-hour span. Also, when you are hired, you are allotted a certain amount of lines for your anticipated work hours, so it does not matter if you work early or late, you are not cherry picking; I find that absurd if you are talking about working in a pool. It is the same old work no matter when you do it unless you are talking about something else. Cherry picking to me is when someone above the MT has the authorization to assign themselves work because the supervisor or other persons also have to transcribe as part of their jobs. For example, suddenly all the American dictators in the bottom of the queue will disappear and you get stuck with all the foreign accents. Really? I just don't do anything, but walk around moaning and stop working and my line count drops, but I don't care. I refuse to be tortured like this, but I don't think that is the same as what you said. As I said, you can't cherry pick unless you have authorization to assign work to yourself and remove if from the queue. In a pool, we cannot do that. It would just be nice if each person did a couple foreign accents and we shared the burden if that is the case. So, my experience is that flexing hours or dealing with cherry picking seem to be 2 different things than what you are talking about, just to clarify. We all vent about something, so have a good day anyway...we are all in the same boat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)