Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Reply to your post - nn

Posted: Mar 25th, 2016 - 8:44 am In Reply to: SmartDoc - magwheel4

I worked for them for almost a year. The manager at that time, really cared about her MTs but at the same time, made sure TAT was met. She had an assistant with, at that time, less than 5 years experience as an MT (I have over 30 years experience as an NT). Three weeks into my stint with SD, the "assistant" tried to get me terminated, stating that I was making major errors. Reports were brought up and gone over by SEVERAL individuals, and it was found out that she was lying. Fast forward several months and at the time, the owner of SD had a "management consultant." The "management consultant" advertised for a new account coming aboard, which NEVER materialized. At the same time, the "assistant" badmouthed the "account manager" to the owner and the "management consultant" leading to the termination of the "account manger," and leading to the promotion of the "assistant," who is NOW the account manager.

The owner basically is all about the ALMIGHTY dollar, and really doesn't give a flying leap about the company.

You will need to be on instant messenger and if TAT is not being met, you will receive "nastygrams" regarding TAT. The now "manager" has a myriad of health problems, and either has a migraine, or needs to go to the doctor, etc.

On top of that, they want you to use the Bytescribe Wav Player program, which I believe now, is around $150. When I started with them, they deducted the cost from my paychecks, so not sure what they are doing now. I also wanted to mention, that with this particular wav player, you are provided with a "dongle" and if you get a new computer, you can easily use it on your new machine without paying extra. It also plays ALL file types and it much more "user friendly" than Express Scribe.

The account is good and generally there is plenty of work. At the time I was there,it was all straight typing.

I left because again, I had a conflict with the now "manager," after she tattled to the owner about a response that I made to one of her instant messages.

I normally do not get on here and post about companies, and I realize that due to NJA situation in a lot of places that MTs need to work, but I would say with this to proceed with caution and with your eyes wide open.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)