Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

TTS - Horrid Experience! - Thirty Year MT

Posted: Mar 24th, 2016 - 1:14 am In Reply to: TTS Transcription Company - sm

I had to buy a new computer to take a job with them. I was on the oncology account, which I heard they just lost. I'd done that oncology account with a another service, so was familiar with the specs & dictators. From day 1 had to deal with QA who marked correct transcription as wrong when it didn't match the personal preferences of the QA person, things not in the specs. These were things I knew the client could care less about, such as they want CA--19--9 instead of CA 19-9. Their specs were wrong on cancer staging and they were offended when I informed them of this. They say this is a verbatim account and you will be dinged for correcting grammar or sentence structure. Then if you do verbatim they will ding you for not correcting it. The QA person didn't have oncology experience - I had 25 years oncology experience. With the previous MTSO on that account I usually had 100% accuracy - never lower than 99.5%. With TTS it was in the 87%. The "errors" were correct transcription, but things that could be done 2 or 3 different ways correctly like the Oxford comma.

I could only stand working there a few days. The micromanagement took a LOT of time with communication in messages, emails and phone calls. There is no way you can make the required lines with all the time spent on QA. They also would interrupt jobs by sending messages asking if you are still working (when having to look up a name spelling or go to the bathroom). I believe this was on a 3 minute timer, so those fingers better be on the keyboard all the time. There were many other things that happened that was just crazy management.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)