Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

OzeScribe - Happy in Oz

Posted: Mar 21st, 2016 - 8:08 pm In Reply to: Ozescribe - Ozland

I have been working for OzeScribe for over 10 years now, longer than I have been in any other job.   They were a much smaller company when I started with them and have grown to be the major medical transcription company in Australia, with over 350 MTs, many of who are international MTs.

Working for an Australian company will always be different than working for a US company, not just in terms of line rate but also with the different client preferences you need to learn.  As you are aware, we also produce different types of documentation – primarily letters, rather than SOAP notes which most US MTs are used to.  This is an Australian thing, not just specific to this company and will include researching associate entries and reformatting where necessary.  This is part of the job.

OzeScribe provide you with a mentor during your internship and help is never far away during your junior period or your senior period, with not only your team leader available to you but also the other MTs in your group.  Everyone in Head Office are also approachable and are only too happy to help if they can. 

Give yourself time to settle in, take on board any feedback that is given to you and don’t be too hard on yourself if you don’t make the sort of money/line count you thought you would immediately.  The focus is on accuracy at first, higher lines counts will come with time and experience but it won’t happen overnight.  Prior experience in this type of work may make it easier for you but you will still find you have a learning process to go through, just like you would in any other job.

I am sorry that you are having problems at the moment and feel you are struggling with making lines.  As you said, it is your first IC job and that alone is an adjustment.  OzeScribe only takes on MTs who they feel have the skills and potential to succeed as self-employed medical transcriptionists and you made it through the initial process which is an achievement in itself – so, well done!  All the MTs I work with love this job, as do I, so I hope you can work things out and that you give it another go. 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)
  • Ozescribe - Ozland (Views: 1819, 2016-03-21, 2:34 pm)
    • OzeScribe - Happy in Oz
      • Happy too - Just Me (Views: 1380, 2016-03-24, 9:50 pm)