Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Another Nuance suckcess(pool) story - FIN

Posted: Mar 17th, 2016 - 1:38 pm

My illustrious career with Nuance began circa July/August 2012 when, without any other immediate recourse, they acquired Webmedx, the wonderful company I was employed with that had a very transcription-friendly program on which one could actually produce lines, lots and lots of lines. I lived a happy life with truly gainful employment. Nuance immediately took away the wonderful line-producing system - competitor’s they said (but didn’t they just buy the whole company?) - and quickly enhanced my life with new and exciting changes, such as FIESA. Life was good. At Christmas that year, Nuance gave me a major pay cut. What a wonderful Holiday Season that was!  

All was well as I soon found myself much thinner than I had been in 20 years on the Nuance-enforced severely reduced calorie restriction diet, rapidly shedding pounds with nary a bead of sweat as I churned out medical records faster than the speed of light on a program designed last century. Working for this tech giant, life was better than ever. I was thin again and met many new and exciting friends as I waited in long lines navigating the many hidden joys and benefits of food pantries and alms for the poor.  

My eyes were really beginning to open about life, and it was all good. I discovered there was life after cable and all that fuss about FICO scores was nonsense. I found that robbing Peter to pay Paul paved my road to financial salvation, and on that road my true friends whittled away to one so I unloaded a lot of unnecessary garbage and could devote much needed time to my new vegetable garden, a thread of freshness in my new and exciting life.  

Try as hard as I might, I cannot remember what Nuance gave me for Christmas 2013, but I distinctly recall it was new and exciting, and included a reduction in pay.  

The next year continued on in much the same way, and life was good. Christmas 2014 was the best ever. Nuance gave me The Grid, a new and exciting compensation pay plan. I never imagined I could give myself a raise - I just had to work at a frantic pace and make no errors and have no questions, and clock in and out for every tiny thing so that my timesheet became a huge math problem, and the sky was the limit! Life was so good, it gave new meaning to that phrase I edited so often on psych reports - “hopeless, helpless and worthless.”   

During all this time Nuance also introduced to me many new and exciting people as my supervisor’s position was, apparently, a revolving door - having no less than 8 supervisors in 3 years. Wow, what an experience. This Nuance was a real roller coaster ride and I learned to adapt quickly to quirky personalities, each with a new set of rules. A-mazing!   

Alas, as all good things must come to pass, I knew even better days lay ahead when Nuance announced they would give me the PAP smear. Nuance had done their job well, and all my experience with them prepared me. Since FIESA was no fiesta, I could not contain myself about undergoing yet another new and exciting procedure with Nuance, so I skipped the PAP and went forth into the world. Behold, much grander opportunity was out there awaiting me and apparently I did not understood this until Nuance forced me out with the threat of the PAP.  

My time served at Nuance is behind me now. Thank you, Nuance, for giving me so much and for taking so much more from me. I am not the same person you acquired, for I am truly new and exciting now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)