Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

It's because they only care about themselves - and how much money they can get.

Posted: Mar 15th, 2016 - 4:08 pm In Reply to: 15 years later - anoldMT

At our expense. What has happened is that they were able to capitalize (literally) on the bad economy. They knew we could not get a job anywhere else, and even a minimum-wage job was better than no job, especially after Bonehead (that's what I call Boehner) refused to let an extension of unemployment come up for a vote in the House). The speaker of the House can do that -- control things by not letting things come up for a vote, therefore, it might as well not exist. When he put millions through financial hardship by cutting off their unemployment, a minimum-wage job was became even more attractive -- it was better to have some money to eat on and maybe to keep partially warm even if you had no money for anything else. (Remember, that happened at the end of December, 2012. Winter was still going on.) Of course, what Bonehead didn't realize or care about was that millions were trying to get a job, any job, even at minimum wage. They were NOT lazy, and NOT lying in hammocks trying to collect unemployment money, the way the present speaker of the house (Paul Ryan) said. You don't get rich on unemployment -- Bonehead and Ryan didn't realize that, or at least give the appearance of not realizing that. So that, in itself, let MTSOs have more of an open season on MT's. When you consider that speech recognition DOES speed most of us up 25% (with, of course, no corresponding rise in wages -- just pay cuts) that means that for every 100 MT's, 25 of them are superfluous. In order to make their turn-around time look good to the client/customer, they keep a few (or maybe a lot) of the superfluous MTs around and THEY DO NOT CARE if you run out of work and make no money. They look good to the client by doing that and that's all they care about. And the hospitals are heavily attracted to "cheap." That's why there are no more in-house jobs. They get the work done for cheap and they don't care how good it is. THEY don't care when they lay off their MT's. They know they are relegating them to financial hardship, (or maybe they don't) but in either case, they don't give a rat's you-know-what.

And last but not least, they colluded (that's my theory) to make MT's pay for the technology of voice recognition by lowering our pay by so much less than our work is worth, collecting the profits, paying for the voice recognition and continuing to collect all that money for themselves after it was paid for (by us through low wages). I have even seen management admit as much (at least to say that lowering our wages was to pay for the technology) in publications such as "For The Record."

I think the only way the low wages will end is for all of us to quit if we can (and I don't know whether they economy will ever get better enough to allow that to happen). In the meantime, MTSO's have a stranglehold on OUR personal economy and will continue to pay very poorly as long as the economy is mediocre until they are forced to do otherwise.

The truth of the matter is that right now, they have it made at our expense. And they are taking every advantage of that. Eventually, though, I think their party will end. And I also think the Indians are rebelling against low wages, as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)