Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I spoke to the IRS today, both customerservice and ACA law rep - Curiouser

Posted: Mar 14th, 2016 - 7:00 pm In Reply to: I agree. Sounds sneaky to me. That's what I thought to. - nm

I was told by both that (1) independent contractors are not required to submit their hours. That is the point of having an IC contract. (2) They should have been able to cite policy and/or provide a link to paperwork showing that this was a requirement. (3) It is a blatant misclassification of an IC as an employee (and the person who was the ACA law liaison said this was a new one) in an attempt to clear the applicable large employer requirement. (4) The customer service rep also said that as my contract reads, I would not be an employee.

I reviewed my contract, and the very first paragraph states that I am not eligible to participate in nor receive any insurance benefits from Landmark.

The IRS was very, very interested in this information.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)