Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

I hear you - Granny

Posted: Mar 13th, 2016 - 7:05 am In Reply to: When you are waiting on a job - MTT

Take it from me: Get another job. This goes on year round with the other problem of mandatory overtime or OT because they either hired/fired a lot of people and they are in training. I learned a lot from this company, i.e., my volunteer work is over and now it's time to either retire or rake leaves for the neighbor, which paid higher than this joke of a job. They even admitted to me when I got hired and apologized for the low pay. I accepted because editing is a passion of mine and I wanted to learn how to do it. It used to pay in the 1990s at least $20-$30 an hour! Of course, I was not qualified at that time to be an editor, and now it is all you can get practically. Anyhoo, if you like the company stay, but realize there are no raises, bells or whistles, prizes, bonuses or gift cards. There is nada, not even a popcorn tin. As I said, I enjoyed my stay, just not my pay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)