Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Well they vastly overpaid their taxes if they - sm - XXX

Posted: Mar 8th, 2016 - 11:01 am In Reply to: Riiiiiiight...$14,000 refund...you are delusional. - nm

got back $9K, or have a lot of kids...I am guilty of overpaying but to the tune of a $4K refund, would have been 5K but lost one of my child tax credits of 1K this year as she is now 17, did not know they took that one away once your kid hit 17, still have one left, so one more year and will lose that one too. I have my taxes at outside job taken out as single which increases the amount they take out, as well as an extra $100 a paying ($1200 a year),also extra from DHs which makes it another $2400. I used to have to pay about $3K in SE taxes which is why I set it up this way and we would just get a little back, couple hundred dollars. But with the decline in pay and my yearly MT income it was quite a shock to get back that much. Since I expect another cruddy year will make some changes so the feds don't have use of my money and I don't end up with another large refund next year, no point to that.
I do not go to a service but use TurboTax. I know enough about taxes, deductions, and tax law that I know I get every possible legal deductions out there, so don't think they can find anything I had not already thought of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)