Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Horrible dictators - ea

Posted: Mar 6th, 2016 - 9:36 am

What upsets me is how horrible the dictators are, especially when we get new residents.  They expect us to be miracle workers.  Doctors need to be reminded that there is a person at the other end of the telephone, but, of course, MModal would never suggest that to the hospital.  When I worked at hospitals in the past, we would gently remind our doctors to slow down, speak clearly, etc., and they took it quite well.  We also would give lottery tickets to the doctors who had all their charts always dictated on time and without any mistakes on their part, when their reports came back perfect from us, the hospital transcriptionists.  That is what I miss working out of my home, the one-to-one interaction with the doctors and nurses, where they knew who you were and could come back into our office and talk to us and compliment us or complain to us about something or as one doctor used to say, we make him sound like Shakespeare.  It is terrible what outsourcing has done to this profession.  There was one time, back in the 1990s, when I was making 36 dollars/hour, will never see those days again..sigh..Oh well, hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)