Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

X-mas - Old Pro

Posted: Dec 29th, 2015 - 8:50 am In Reply to: Xmas - mt

Regarding the moot point, just an observation. Our company always gave cash bonuses ($500). But that was before the big downturn of 2008. (We got eaten by the big boys at the end of the nineties.) I am NOT defending the large companies who do not give anything. Indeed, their CEOs (who put us little folk out of business) could likely afford a $500 bonus to each person more easily than we could. But I think a lot of companies use the downturn as a way to mistreat MTs. In my humble view, I would say that the larger the company, the less care for the staff. We used to (on rare occasions) go out to a restaurant--not an expensive one, just cheap Chinese food--but we all got together and we knew each other. Of course, that is not possible when your MTs are all over the US. We were all in California, which made it easier. But we were small and we saw each other as people. The big companies just see you as producing machines. Not long ago I was recruited by a big company. I said no. (I only work part time for travel money, so I am lucky to be in a position to do that.) I am sorry that the OP was not remembered at Christmas. I think that just stinks, but I don't think it is going to change until some of these big companies hit the rocks for some of their offshore doings and break apart (soon, please).

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)