Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I live in Southern California and no one really pays - by the gross line anymore.

Posted: Dec 20th, 2015 - 2:16 pm In Reply to: Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you too. sm - Elizabeth

If this is your own business/account, I think around 11 to 12 cpl (per 65-character line) is comparable. Then if you have someone to help out on the account and let's say you pay them 8 cpl, you make 3 or 4 cpl on their work. But you have to take in account stats, how is the work transferred to and from locations, upkeep on any software, are you providing the Dictaphones, etc., I mean this is a business and there has to be a profit margin in it for you. I have also seen where the account is paid per page regardless what's typed on the page and of course by hour. I think gross line scares people and most doctors want to get as much out of you as inexpensively as possible! But typically California has higher rates than most states and L.A. is a very large city with lots of money, so don't low-ball yourself. Good luck with this!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)