Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

There is an alternative to working for LESS than minimum wage in this industry! - Thankful I left this industry

Posted: Dec 14th, 2015 - 1:36 pm

I feel for those of you left to do this unforgiving work for little pay.  I had to finally get out of the industry but still wanted to work from home.  I now do customer service from home, both chat and on the phones.  If you Google "work at home jobs" you'll see the companies who do this listed and there are more and more jobs opening up every day. 

I haven't done transcription in over 2 years now and I am SO glad I got out of an industry where you pay is contantly being cut, your QA scores are dependent upon moods of editors and even if you do your best and try your hardest, you will still receive hateful, nasty emails on a daily basis. 

Do you homework, there is life after being an MT! 

P.S.  I almost never come here any more so probably won't be responding to any replies, but just know there are flexible staffing jobs out there!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)