Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Do not know of anyone using MAC for transcription - ICManiac

Posted: Dec 14th, 2015 - 1:30 pm In Reply to: MTs using a text expander ? - Clarification

in my experience (25 years). Most platforms are built to support a Windows environment. I do not know of any text expanders for MAC for use with MT.

As an example, the Emdat platform using Internet Explorer to enter text - you don't see IE, what you see is a blank box in which to transcribe, but the platform needs IE to create that window.

Furthermore, most text expanders are built on the old DOS platform and then later updated to work with Windows, not MAC.

A huge component of platforms is the use of MS-Word. An example is that you cannot use a student version of Word when using most platforms because it does not contain the hidden codes a full version needs to hand-shake with your computer. It is also the reason you cannot use a little tablet to do MT work.

I think at this late date, using a MAC would be recreating the wheel and you would find converting to a Windows environment the easiest route into the MT world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)