Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

I've been considering it lately...... (sm) - Feeling lost

Posted: Dec 9th, 2015 - 6:05 pm In Reply to: Switching to general - Ready4Change

....if for no other reason than to have a little more experience in different aspects of the this self-esteem wrecking ball of a field of employment. My 20+ years of experience on the medical side of things isn't exactly bringing in job offers galore, and I don't know what other job fields I can jump right into without more education than I can devote myself to right now (I have bills due right now that are too numerous and soul-crushing to mention). I feel stuck in this field due to my own fears of completely changing directions at my age (late 40s), so I'm considering dabbling in other types of transcription. Yes, it may be a huge mistake, but I'm so tired of being shot down time and time again when I have had my hopes built up for receiving the "We love you - YOU'RE HIRED!" email. Oh, I've received those, but there was always a catch. I now know just how much not counting spaces lowers productivity. What an eye-opener! Never again! General transcription could very well prove to be another demeaning, embarrassing disaster, but I'd at least like to say I looked into it. I'm typing this on my phone, so please overlook any errors. I don't have my glasses on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)