Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

General Transcription - LinK

Posted: Dec 7th, 2015 - 9:23 am In Reply to: General Transcription - sm - JavaMT50

I work part-time doing general and legal transcription to supplement my income. It's interesting in that it's very diverse and you can be transcribing anything from one-on-one interviews, one person speeches, multi-speaker discussions, etc. It is very flexible, at least where I work and have worked. It's truly IC. You can pick and choose when you want to work and what you want to take as well as turnaround times. It is very different than medical transcription, but there are some downsides. Sometimes you're transcribing meetings that are 4-5 people or more and you're expected to know who's talking and labeled the speakers accordingly, sometimes it's verbatim and sometimes the sound quality is very poor. Be careful, because some of the pay is pretty bad. I would definitely at least look into it, though. Even though there are downsides, I really love the work.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)