Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

QMT - Old Pro

Posted: Dec 7th, 2015 - 9:34 pm In Reply to: QMT - Jen

Congratulations on getting the job. I hope you did your due diligence and checked out the company. I know nothing about them and so can say nothing for and nothing against them. It has just been my experience that, just as an MTSO checks YOU out, you also need to check THEM out. (I say this no matter what company you are going to be working for.) What state are they licensed in? How long have they been doing business? Can you get references from MTs who are working/have worked for them? What are their revenues like? How do their financials check out on the business websites? What does the BBB say? (The BBB has no legal power, but they can sometimes provide good information.) A year or so ago I was offered 11 cpl by some startup. I refused the offer. I am sure the people were honest and of good will, but a lot of people think that you can become an MTSO and viola! you are rich enough to buy a Bentley the next day. "It ain't so!" I am old enough that I did not want to cast my lot in with a startup. I took such offers in my twenties and am glad I did. Now I would not do it. I hope that this job is great (and it very well may be)--all I am saying is that is prudent to check any MTSO out just as thoroughly as s/he checks you out! What's fair for the goose is fair for the gander. And with that, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope this turns out to be your dream job!

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)