Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: SoftScript.. (Views: 64)

I'm afraid you have no choice - XQC

Posted: Nov 10th, 2015 - 5:42 pm In Reply to: Do I have any control over where my healthcare providers have my records transcribed? - JaneyLee

Where your records are transcribed is up to the internal policies of the office/hospital you are visiting. Your smaller doctor's offices are probably doing their own work, but the larger the office the more likely they are to outsource their transcription.

Another poster suggested asking where they have their work done which is a good place to start. That being said, there are outsourcing companies like Nuance who advertise that they onshore their work but who actually create fake American-looking names of transcriptionists to make it seem like the work is being done here, but actually it is being done in India and the doctor's office/hospital might not even know it. To paraphrase The Big Bang Theory, "Steve of Omaha" may actually be Anupriya of Bangalore.

Hospitals pay more to keep the work here in the United States so they are being cheated by Nuance who saves money by sending the work to India for the cheaper labor. The only way to tell where the work is being done is to do an IP trace on the individual logins which can be done by their IT departments.

Who knows what happens to our medical information in India. We don't exactly know who they hire, what their backgrounds are or how they safeguard our precious personal information, all in the name of saving a few bucks. This is an accident waiting to happen. Believe me, we all share your concern.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)