Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 40)

Sorry, but you are incorrect. - Coder

Posted: Oct 4th, 2015 - 1:48 pm In Reply to: To coder - Fed up MT

You must not have looked at that website. It lists billing and coding in the subjects that will be tested. The linnked training program that I looked at taught billing and coding.

You must not know what comprises billing and coding, or how it gets done in physician offices, but I sure do. It gets done by physicians and ... yes ... scribes as they complete their documentation and choose selections on their charge ticket. In fact, the nature and content of their documentation is determined by coding and reimbursement needs. In that type of office, professional coders are not used to do the billing and coding. The code choices are made by the physician and/or scribe, the bills are prepared by front office staff, and a professional coder is consulted to develop the charge ticket content and documentation requirements, to audit once or twice a year, to provide training, and to advise on other issues like denials and insurer (Medicare) requirements and audits.

I used Andrews simply because it is the most expensive example that would result in a good income. An AAPC course is also an option, costing about the same as the scribe course, but incomes are not much hjgher.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)