Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

I agree. - Tired

Posted: Sep 3rd, 2015 - 5:40 pm In Reply to: Dear TSM: (and I wish I could send this directly to her) - .....

I had a situation where I had typed "postoperative" instead of "postop." 0.25 taken off for that. They refused to reverse it. My feeling is "what's the difference?" They both mean the same thing and do not change the meaning of the report! There were several other instances of similar things in a few other reports. Minus 0.25 and refusal to reverse them. To me, their system is "rigged" to reduce your pay whenever possible (sort of like credit scores, which are also "rigged" to reduce your score wherever possible so that someone else can make more money off you, such as insurance companies who look at credit scores to determine rates).

I also feel that if they want perfection, they should be paying for it.

The bottom line is, they should not pay so poorly and then cut your pay to below minimum wage when you make what seems to be minor "mistakes," in their opinion and then complain and threaten one with being fired when they have to make up pay under the law. I told management that it simply was not my fault that this state paid a higher minimum wage than $7.50 an hour.

If and when the minimum is raised to $15.00 an hour, they can just shut up and pay it, or send everything to India -- no crap like "you have to produce 375 lines an hour" to pay for yourself. The raise in minimum wage is just that -- a RAISE -- a concept they seem to forget about.

I remember working for Transcend about 10 years ago and they paid enough (still not as much as the job I was outsourced from but enough) so that make-up pay was NOT an issue. They also didn't cut pay for mistakes.

They can send it all to India if they want to also. It looks like from what I've been reading about that right now, Indians have better work conditions and employee-friendly laws than we do by far. (The current ruler is trying to get rid of them and the people are pushing back over it). However, I believe that one of the reasons we are paid so poorly is because they have to give more "perks" to the Indians, who have better working conditions than we do, from what I can glean from tidbits I've read around the Internet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)