Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

The only way to deal mentally is to try to avoid - the 10% to QC threshold

Posted: Aug 31st, 2015 - 10:26 am In Reply to: Monday mashup - mom22

And then at least you get 8/4 cpl and count on that.

Do NOT buy into the idea it is all your fault you make crappy pay. That way lies mental illness. Especially since it is incredibly unfair and a nasty tactic not used in any other industry. If a nurse made a mistake, even a major one that affected patient care, she would be either reprimanded and put on some kind of a watch OR fired. Her pay would not be touched. I'm so bad, Nuance, fire me!

The effrontery of Nuance attempting to pile on these "critical" or other errors, as if not getting higher pay is solely because we left out a word or had the number one digit off, is nothing more than glorified extortion, so do NOT buy into it.

Obviously, somehow the laws of our govt allow a company as rich as Nuance to shakedown their poorest paid employees. Ya gotta love it, right?

One thing to take note of, though, is that I have had a string of second part time and sometimes full time jobs in addition to Nuance. I have been trying to get out for years, but despite how bad Nuance is as an employer, the pay anywhere else has always been worse for me.

Yeah, I didn't have to face the nasty emails and the horror of FIESA, plus I was complimented and patted on the back for my quality. However, invariably the software was awful, if they provided a computer it was way slow and garbage, and much MORE time taken outside of actual transcription with looking at lists of patients, inputting copies and bits of text according to long lists of specs, different and sometimes extremely detailed instructions when something was missing.

So basically what I am saying is that Nuance and MModal have made it very hard for smaller companies to compete, so invariably the pay starts low and stays that way, no incentives, and sometimes it is debatable you can even get to a point after years where you make some money due to familiarity. It depends on the type of work I guess.

So for all Nuance's faults I am sticking with them for now because I am familiar with my accounts and can do a decent line count.

My self-preservation strategy is to ignore FIESA as much as possible, never EVER take the criticism to heart because I know it is not a fault in my MT knowledge but because I am human and do my best and we all miss something sometimes. Otherwise you will go crazy.

If others have found more lucrative positions (and undoubtedly better on your confidence), I salute you. I have tried 4 other companies and with all I have made less than Nuance and they have been a lot more fiddly, so I think I can put up with it if it means the odd bruised ego from time to time and doing whatever it takes to suck it up and deal with FIESA (needless to say yelling and swearing at the computer screen is a completely valid method of catharsis).

Once you realize 8/4 is still probably 0.5 to 1 cent more per line than other companies (pathetic as that is), it is easier to just gloss over the psychological terrorism and just do your job.

I do enjoy the work, I am good at the work. If FIESA doesn't agree, FIESA's wrong, not me, and that's that. FIESA takes no prisoners, so right back at you, FIESA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)