Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Supervisors: You can't be leaving so many bla.. (Views: 33)

P.S There is also nothing unusual about company 401K contributions not - being "vested" immediately.

Posted: Aug 18th, 2015 - 8:04 am In Reply to: Don't hyperventilate. Many companies hire other companies to - administer employee benefits, payroll....(sm)

I've worked for a company where it wasn't vested for 5 years. I worked at another company where it was graduated - 10% vested after 2 years, 20% vested after 3 years, etc.

This is very common and it's simply wrong to say or to imply that a company is in any way acting unethically in this regard.

Incidentally, if you had any idea of the finance of employment, you'd know that it would be fiscal madness for a company to set up a vestment schedule and then "churn" employees merely to keep their portion of the 401K contribution from being vested. I assure you that the cost of such behavior would far outweigh the paltry amount of 401K money they would claw back (especially since it would also have adverse tax consequences to the company).

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)