Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

small claims - nana7

Posted: Aug 14th, 2015 - 12:15 pm In Reply to: At The - Top of The Page

If you are an IC then you take them to small claims in your area where the work was performed. Not where their business location is. You performed the work in your state so you would file a suit against them in your town. It will then be their responsibility to either come to your area for court of lose by default. Make sure you know all of their banking information to give to the courts so if they don't pay you can ask the courts to attach their bank account and take the money owed to you out of it.

I had to do this maybe 5 years ago. It took about 60 days but she still refused to pay even after I got the judgement so I had to go back to court to get a judge to sign the attachment of their bank account. Then within 2 weeks I had my money.

Make sure you take all emails and correspondence to court. Good luck. It is worth the effort.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)