Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

I got all three of those replies - FromMySupey

Posted: Aug 12th, 2015 - 2:26 pm In Reply to: I wonder if our supervisors on Imedx... - WC

The first one she sent last Friday to all her MTs, "reassuring" her us and promising an email on Monday. That didn't come.

The second two I got as responses that she sent in reply to my further queries. She may have sent them to others as well, that I don't know.

The managers may be negotiating, I don't know anything about that, either. But I have to ask, what incentive would they have to put their necks on the chopping block sticking up for us? Instead, it sounds to me like iMedX got a response to the David Strite email that they didn't expect. Perhaps they thought we would meekly accept their directives, just like we meekly accepted their sneaking off our benefits one by one followed by the sudden "lack of work." It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that that HAD to be the last straw!

The problem they didn't foresee, though, is that the new "line count requirement" is so unbelievably off the chart that it would be a piece of cake to prove to a judge (even one of the meanest intelligence) that it is nothing but a thinly guised attempt to clean house and direct their American accounts to a less expensive work pool overseas.

In my opinion, this has got to be the dumbest thing they could have done. As someone else pointed out here, we are all "at-will" employees and can be pink-slipped at any time for no reason at all. Yes, pink-slipping their entire American workforce would have opened them up to a pile of unemployment claims, but which is cheaper, paying a bunch of ex-employees half of their already-low wages for 26 weeks or fending off Debbie's lawsuit? And paying a bunch of high-priced lawyers to figure out a way to get out of this mess they made? Not to mention the fact that will never be able to hire a decent MT ever again, at least none of the ones who read this board!

I'm willing to wait it out. If they aren't negotiating with our managers (and I don't think they are), then they are negotiating with SOMEBODY, and I am willing to bet it's with a bunch of expensive attorneys. Let's see what they come up with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)