Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Well.. - antigeekess

Posted: Jul 31st, 2015 - 11:37 pm In Reply to: What you missed - Coder

Thanks for your response. To be perfectly accurate, it wasn't one point; I said it was a couple. I'm sure I missed several due to having a 2014 book -- I didn't have some of the codes listed as possible answers. And frankly, there were a couple questions that to my eye DID NOT HAVE good answers; all 4 options were missing something.

The highest score I'm aware of from the past two groups who've taken this exam in my area was from a 4-year coder who got an 88. I 'believe' he also attended the $3,200 course that most of the others in the room on that particular day had taken, but I'm not sure. The 'vast' majority of those who took that $3,000+ course? They failed.

Point is, I'm not hearing that ANYBODY, regardless of education OR years of coding, passes even the CPC with flying colors (unless his 88 qualifies), and it sounds like the CCS is more difficult.

I'd be curious to know how Andrews graduates, by comparison, score on the CPC. Or the CCS. The proof is in the pudding.

I'm always suspicious that private schools don't offer anything more than community colleges -- they usually just charge a lot more and have very persuasive recruiters. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)