Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing

Hmmm... - antigeekess

Posted: Jul 31st, 2015 - 7:42 pm In Reply to: It sounds like you have a plan that is working for you so far - sm

Well, first of all, thanks for your reply. What I was really asking was if anyone knew of a specific contrast between the curriculum of Andrews versus anyone else.

I took a look at their website, and noted that while it's a lot less expensive than I expected, it's also only a 4-month course. I spent longer than that in my onsite community college course, plus the additional 6-week online one prior.

Based on the fact that I know some coders have had years of experience and STILL fail the CPC multiple times, that one local AAPC chapter officer here passed with a score in the 70s (as apparently did another 15-year coder who now teaches live seminars & sells CDs online) and that I also passed it, I wonder just how well the Andrews students do on the same exam. Is their performance actually superior, or is just good marketing on the part of Andrews?

I have no doubt that they do a good job of teaching, I'm just wondering why it seems to be regarded in this forum as so much 'better' than any other training.

ADVERTISEMENT

Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)