A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

urinalysis term: Positive for s/l bio - AgingMT

Posted: Dec 06, 2010

I am transcribing someone new to me. He gives urinalysis results: Positive for blood, positive for nitrites, positive for bio? I am thinking biologicals but cannot document. He has said it twice so far and clearly.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Bile? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Could he be saying bile?

Yes indeed! Thank you very much! (NM) - AgingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Urinalysis:  Blood Positive, Protein Positive
Jun 02, 2010

Urinalysis:  Blood positive, protein positive, 30-40 dublisees(???) 80-99 rbusees ...

Urinalysis Help Me!
Oct 31, 2011

Urinalysis:  RBC 2-5, WBC greater than 50, hyaline casts, 2-5 bacteria, a large leukocyte esterase.   anybody know of a good UA resource - where to put commas slows me down every time if a doc doesn't breathe while he dictates! ...

Need Help With A Urinalysis Word
Apr 05, 2010

Has anyone heard a doctor say "bacti"  (or Bac-T?) on a urinalysis?  Is this short for "bacteria"? Here's the sentence: "Urinalysis reveals WBCs too numerous to count, occasional RBCs, and (S/L "bacti or bactee") 1+".   Thanks in advance for any advice! Typingly, Stumped MT ...

Sero Urinalysis ?
Jun 18, 2010

She very clearly says "sero urinalysis" ? Is this correct, haven't heard of it and cannot document it. ...

Urinalysis Results Help Please
Aug 26, 2011

Sentence is: We proceeded with a UA which showed trace ketones, small blood, small bilirubin. However, no bacteria and only 1-3 red blood cells, 1-3 white blood cells but 30-40 s/l "hilar cast" ...

Urinalysis... PU Epithelial Cells??
Nov 15, 2010

Urinalysis was significant for "p.u." epithelial cells.... I can't verify if this is correct. Anyone know?? thanks ahead of time! ...

Urinalysis...what Is It About The Word NITRITE That They Just Can't Get Right?!
Jun 26, 2015

It doesn't matter if it's an MD, PA, NP...it seems at least 99% of them say NITRATE in regards to a urinalysis and they are saying is incredibly clearly.  Such an anger trigger for me for some reason.  :-D ...

Abnormal Nuclear Stress Test, Consider False Positive Study, Hyphen FALSE POSITIVE?
May 19, 2010

:) ...

Urinalysis Sounds Like INRH And HG Was Negative
Oct 21, 2010

in urinalysis sounds like "INRH and HG was negative." any ideas ...

Urine Analysis Versus Urinalysis--is There Any Difference?
Dec 30, 2009

I think this doctor might be saying "urine analysis" as there seems to be a slight pause between the two words.  I've always gone with "urinalysis," so I'm wondering if there is any significant difference between the two terms.  Anybody know? ...

Not A Medical Term, A Descriptive Term I Think
Jun 04, 2012

In the general portion of the physical exam the blank sounds like visily. She is a happy little girl sitting in mother's lap, grinning at me, and _____ eating Cheetos. ...

OB S/l Nitrazine Positive, ___ Positive Sm
Jun 28, 2011

Can't tell what's being said. First it sounded like folate positive, then foleen or poleen.  Ack! Whatever it is, it showed up in office visit exam and again in hospital. ...

Ex-full-term Vs Ex Fullterm Vs Ex-full Term
Jan 04, 2012

Describing an infant ...

Is There Anything Positive About Being An MME?
Oct 21, 2009

I was thinking about becoming an MME, but all I hear is negative talk.  Is there anything good about being one? ...

Something Positive To Say
Mar 27, 2010

I get on this site every now and then and it is so disheartening to see so many people frustrated with their employers.  I work for two different companies and I have to say I love them both.  I work for OSi and I work for All Type.  Both treat me fairly, respond rapidly to questions and are nice employers.  I've always been paid on time, they both understand emergencies and I make a good income from each.  There are good companies and there are nice people to work ...

TTD- Anything Positive On Them?
May 23, 2012

Hi, I am new to this board, but have been searching jobs here.  I applied to TTD and received new-hire package.  I have been looking here at all the negative comments about them before actually figuring out what I want to do with them.  My question is, are there any positive comments about them at all?  I may have an opportunity later this summer at a job locally and have a job currently, but not sure if I want to hop into this if they don't pay.  I don't want ...

Anything Positive ?
May 29, 2012

Is there anyone out there who has anything positive to say about any transcription company ??  Keystrokes, Naunce, Transcend, Accentus, Softscript ?   Are they ALL bad ?  Thanks ...

Anything Positive?
Dec 31, 2012

I'm currently a student with a nearing graduation date. I'm getting quite discouraged lately because from what I have been researching and finding on forums is that basically there is not enough work out there to make ends meet. I've seen alot of negative posts from current MTs and it makes me nervous since I have yet to graduate. Is there anything positive out there for a student like me to look forward to?? ...

Something Positive
Jun 22, 2013

I just wanted to mention something positive about MT, my experience.  There are a lot of negatives posted about the MT field on this board, and I'm not discounting anybody's experience, as, yes, there have been changes in this field, and some of those changes have hit people hard and are not fair.  I just wanted to give encouragement to people who like MT that there are some positive things/companies still going on.  I have 7 years of experience.  I graduated from C ...

Some Positive Words, Please!
Dec 30, 2009

Man, I can see the changes in the transcription industry (admittedly negative changes) have really gotten us down and we're stuck in a mire of complaints, bad feelings and feeling tired and fed up!  I feel the same way, and I feel that greed and the economy are to blame.  But sometimes you just need to hear a positive word to make it through the day, or through the week.  Here is mine - I am thankful that I do not have to spend money on work clothes and ga ...

Heme-positive
Feb 08, 2010

Is "heme-positive" actually slang for Hemoccult-positive or for hemoglobin-positive?  Also, I found on an archived post that Hemoccult is capitalized because it is a trade name but wonder if the above are capitalized as well or should not be used because they are slang? ...

Hyphen Is ER/PR Positive?
Feb 08, 2010

Is it ER/PR-positive with the hyphen or ER/PR positive without the hyphen?  I can't ever figure this out. ...

Transolutions - Anything Positive
Jul 01, 2010

Anyone have anything positive to say about Transolutions or more specifically their recent experience with the Apex platform? ...

I Am Not Really Positive I Completely Buy Into ~sm~ TIA
Mar 27, 2010

I am not really positive I completely buy into the fact that this illnesses is of such s/l reparation as his gamma globulin levels have been a little bit elevated and I wonder if there is more chronicity than we think. ...

Positive S/l Clubsiella
Sep 30, 2010

Any ideas? ...

Sure Could Use Some POSITIVE Energy
Nov 25, 2010

Not everyone is unhappy with MT work right now.  Lots of times this board is filled with much negativity and I think it is a disservice to each other.  Sometimes we need to vent, but sure would like to see people with more positive things that are happening in their life post on here, and not just read on here.  I think it is unfair to dissuade newcomers to the profession.  Give them an accurate vision of what it is like, both pros and cons.  But, I think it's wron ...

ON A MORE POSITIVE NOTE
Apr 22, 2011

. ...

Can We Have Something Positive For A Change?
Oct 17, 2011

Seriously, all I read about here are how MT sucks. It's horrible. Get out while you can.   I'm new to this field. This talk is very disheartening. Reading these threads even makes me work less because it feels pointless. So, please, can I have some positives? Something to show me that I can live off this line of work. How many people are doing well? Good? Great?! ...

On A POSITIVE Note
May 20, 2012

I know it's rare for this board if, heaven forbid, anybody put anything positive on here. I've complained on here just like everyone else about low pay, low work, etc., but the bottom line for me is: I love the company I work for and have a great supervisor; they let me know from time to time that I am appreciated and let me know I was missed when I am gone (on vacation or whatever); they do their best to make sure I have enough work; they do thoughtful things, such as send birthday ...

Positive Experience With TTD?
Jun 06, 2012

Does anyone have or have had a positive experience with TTD? Any and all positive or negative information would be appreciated. Thanks ...