A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

technical question about "allergies" - gjs

Posted: Feb 05, 2014

Is the word "allergic " capitalized in this sentence:  He is allergic to penicillin or He has no allergies.

Depends on the MTSO/facility...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
One facility I do wants the whole sentence uppercase if it appears within the body of the report. If it comes after the heading ALLERGIES: It is upper case. BUT a negative finding stays sentence case, as in, He has no allergies. BOS II says it is not wrong to not capitalize allergies as there is nothing written in stone that says you must. It all depends on client wishes. You would need to ask the client how they would like this done. I hope this answers your question.

What do the account specs say? - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter what anyone here thinks. All that matters is what the people signing the paychecks want.

School work? Test?

Ask the MTSO, client, school instructor - Whatever the case may be-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxxx

Why would you? - anonymousie

[ In Reply To ..]
I have done different accounts, some where you don't do anything any different to the formatting for allergies, some where you bold the statement, some where you both bold AND make all caps WHAT THEY'RE ALLERGIC TO, and of course, headings are either initial caps or all caps. However, I've never ever seen where the word allergies or allergic would be capitalized in the middle of a sentence. That's just weird.

Similar Messages:

ALLERGIES None. DRUG ALLERGIES SOCIAL HISTORY
Jan 24, 2013

The dictator says ALLERGIES None. DRUG ALLERGIES---SOCIAL HISTORY He is a smoker. He works construction. He says nothing after DRUG ALLERGIES. So do I combine ALLERGIES and DRUG ALLERGIES? Or do I put None even though he did not say it? ...

Allergies
Jul 02, 2010

My brain froze.  She is taking Allegra, Flonase and ???Asalin.  I have typed this a 1000 time but today brain is not work.  thanks ...

Allergies...
Aug 26, 2010

This patient's allergies are, "Demerol, Dilaudid, Darvon, s/l ligesics, morphine, and clindamycin."  I have found a few different "gesics" but none that are close enough to what this particular word sounds like. ...

Drug Allergies To Lix-o-lin And Lo-zel. Pt Has A History Of
Nov 15, 2010

x ...

Allergies Written As Loridine And Fofranil.
Feb 06, 2012

Any help figuring these 2 allergies out?  I get a copy of history and physical sheet from the one PA because he has such a terrible time with meds, allergies, etc. These 2 allergies are written like this on sheet.  The one, Fofranil, is a written scribble literally!!  Thanks for any help!  Patient with PMH of reflux, hypothyroidism, paroxysmal atrial tachycardia, endocarditis, vitamin D deficiency, arrhythmia, double vision, sinusitis, irregular heartbeat and depression.  ...

Med Listed In Allergies: S/l Nagonox? Any Ideas?
Jun 29, 2012

n/m ...

Technical Writing- SM
Oct 05, 2010

Does anyone know about the field of technical writing?  It seems like it would be a logical next step for us.  Just wonder if anyone knows how hard it would be to get into that field, do you get to work at home, and so on.  I'm 50 years old and wonder if its just too late for a career change, but doing this MT/editing stuff for the next 15 years. . . ???? ...

Drug S/l Ti-lay-tian. History Of HTN, Allergies And Migraines.
Apr 28, 2010

x ...

Technical/software Question
Sep 15, 2010

I am not computer savvy. If someone shows me how to do something I can do it but here is my dilemma. I am doing testing for a company and they had me set up a FTP (file transfer protocol) and had me download Express Scribe. They then sent me dictation files via the FTP and said type them and send them back via FTP. So how does one get these files from FTP into the Express Scribe and then do you have to open a word document or set something up to make it open into a word document. I am very confu ...

How Much Are We Paid For Technical Down Time
Jul 14, 2012

I've looked on the website and cant find this info ...

TTS Technical Problems And Escription Was Down
Aug 24, 2014

And now there is a huge backlog?  Anyone who knows what I'm talking about want to commiserate with me?  I logged on this morning happy to have tons of work to help clear out the backlog...but now there are TONS of "non-TTS worktype" pathology reports which we never have to do, but due to these unforeseen circumstances we are asked to complete these non-TTS worktypes and just do the best we can with them, and they are a PAIN and my pay for the past hour has nosedived to 7 bucks an ...

Anybody Know About The Policy For Technical Downtime?
Nov 12, 2014

I was trying to find out what our policy is on technical downtime.  I was under the impression we got paid for this at our benefit rate.  Anybody know for sure or how to find this on Inner Circle?  ...

To ASR Technical People- Feel Free To Add
Jun 11, 2010

Why is there is no consistency with ASR with each doctor or account?  If an account does not want b.i.d. or t.i.d. then why does ASR put it in?  There are certain symbols (&) and terms (q.daily) that are not permitted on Docuscribe but yet ASR uses these symbols every time they are dictated.  These are just of the meaningless changes that we have to fix OVER and OVER and OVER again.   Here are my suggestions: 1.  Let the doctors know on each account what terms ...

Audio Files - Not A Technical Question
Oct 17, 2010

Just wondering what everyone's estimate percentage of poor quality (static and other issues) is for the work you do?  ...

My Ipswitch Email Is Down. What Is With All The Technical Problems Lately?!
Feb 06, 2013

x ...

Phone Number For Technical Support
Jan 01, 2015

I work on escription at another company and am having platform issues that the IT guys have not solved so am left to have the creators of the product solve the issues.  ...

I Am So Happy That The Swap Board Crap For Our Region Has Been Delayed "due To Technical Challe
Apr 16, 2010

nm ...

S/l "Cap-1" Hydersensitivity To Penicillin (in List Of Allergies).
Apr 27, 2011

x ...