A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

significant anesthesia of extremities? - mystified

Posted: Dec 28, 2011

Dictator dictating the extremity section of PE and says significant right-sided hemiplegia, significant "anesthesia."?  Would this be what is sounds like?  TIA.

paresthesia? - Amber

[ In Reply To ..]
numbness or tingling of the skin

It may have well could be..but could not really hear it the way it should sound. Thanks. uploaded a - mystified

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Anesthesia vs. paresthesia - wordy

[ In Reply To ..]
Anesthesia is lack of any feeling.

Paresthesia is feeling of burning, tingling, etc.

anesthesia is correct - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
You can find some nice references if you search for "hemiplegia and anesthesia".

have a doc who dictates no anesthesia or paresthesia on exam, so could be - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Doing H&P, For Extremities: She Says "Extremities Are Without CCREV." Or CCRV?? Not
May 13, 2015

nm ...

Doctor States "surgery Under MAC Anesthesia." Is Anesthesia Redundant As MAC Is Monitored
Oct 17, 2009

x ...

Pt Denies Saddle Anesthesia Or "sandals" Anesthesia.
Aug 09, 2011

:) ...

Is There Such A Thing As "excellent Anesthesia" Or "exelon Anesthesia"
May 16, 2010

Is there such a thing as "excellent anesthesia" or "exelon anesthesia". My dictation sure sounds like one of those but can't seem to find these terms. Any help would be great. Thanks   ...

Pt Has Had Significant GI Issues Including S/l Bee-sa-lor
Feb 28, 2012

x ...

Patient Has Significant Blood Loss.
Mar 11, 2010

He is being given 6 units of FFP and 5 units of ________ (s/l vitamin k????). ...

Ambulation Description - Significant List?
Nov 23, 2010

The doctor is explaining the pt's ambulation due to lumbosacral spondylosis for which he is doing radiofrequency ablation for.  It s/l he is saying "list." With ambulation she has definitely got a significant (list) to the left side.  She can heel-and-toe walk without much difficulty, and her balance appears to be quite good.  Thanks! ...

Any Other MMEs Have A Significant Drop In ILP Work?
Apr 25, 2012

I'm guessing either the huge group of hospitals (I think they're like the walmart of hospitals) dropped them because they were awful, or they're trying to keep costs low and are having ILPs do their own QA, which will be a disaster.  Since I see the USA side of that hospital group still pop up once in awhile, I'm guessing its the latter.   Pretty much the ILP QA department may as well be nonexistent.  I see just as many errors on work that goes through th ...

MedQuist Provides Significant Transcription Cost Reductions
Jul 21, 2011

MedQuist was able to provide significant transcription cost reductions while providing a solution that fully integrates with Mercy's EHR technology.  Article states this and came out today. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/medquist-deepens-role-in-sisters-of-mercys-ehr-deployment-strategy-expanding-cost-saving-clinical-documentation-services-and-technology-2011-07-21?reflink=MW_news_stmp Not only do we give our hard earned money to the board of directors, but also some MQ staff mem ...

Some Calluses Plantarly But No Significant Sub-2 Overload Noted
Aug 09, 2012

Complete sentence: "She has some calluses plantarly but no significant sub-2 overload noted." Is the sub-2 correct? What does it stand for? Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Extremities
Sep 19, 2011

Dictated as:  Upper extremity has some s/l econotic spots.  Any ideas anyone??? ...

EXTREMITIES: WWP
Oct 14, 2012

Cannot remember what this is for the life of me!   ...

Extremity Or Extremities
Apr 18, 2012

Which is correct?   Has bilateral lower extremity edema. Has bilateral lower extremities edema.   Thanks! ...

Extremities: -sl Ruddy.
Jan 17, 2013

Female patient with pericardial effusion.  History of hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.  Dr. with foreign accent.  Sounds like he is saying Extremities: Ruddy.  Anyone ever run across Ruddy when describing the extremities? ...

She Has S/L SEDs On Both Lower Extremities.
Jan 11, 2010

After bilateral knee arthroplasty, patient has (S/L) SEDs on both lower extremities. I cannot seem to figure this one out. I was thinking TEDs stockings or some mechanical device to prevent DVT? ...

ER Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 24, 2011

Never seen or heard before. New doc states in extremities portion...No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  EDVLSWNL. At least that what is sounds like. Could possibly be EDVLSWNO but don't know what that would be either. Has anyone here heard of this? Thanks! ...

Physical Exam. Extremities
Dec 01, 2010

Physical Exam:  Extremities (sounds like no tumor). What could it be? ...

Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 30, 2011

I have listened to this over and over and it sounds like this doctor is saying, "No clubbing, cyanosis, edema, or lesions.  Full range of motion s/l of/in both pulses."  Then he goes on to the neurologic part of the exam.  Can anyone help me with this, please? ...

Neuro Exam Or Extremities? Sm
Jun 22, 2015

When the doctor dictates about the gait and tandem gait, do you leave that under extremities if he dictates it there?  He usually says it at very end of physical exam, and I am unsure if he just forgot to dictate "NEUROLOGICAL" heading or what.  Sometimes he does dictate a NEUROLOGICAL heading and puts the gait there as well as other things, but then many times he dictates it at end of extremities and does not give separate heading.  What would be the appropriate thing to do in th ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Examination Today With An SL *Adam Ford Bender* Shows No Significant Signs Of Structural Scoliosis.
Mar 16, 2010

nm ...

Lower Extremities And Very S/l Hyperprepinted Areas Compatible With Stigmata
May 22, 2010

Woody skin at the lower extremities and very s/l hyperprepinted areas compatible with stigmata, venous stasis, and poor circulation.   ...

Physical Exam: DTRs Equal 2+ 4 Upper And Lower Extremities.
Jun 20, 2010

Unsure how to correctly type the 2+ 4.  Does she mean 2+/4??  Thanks for helping. ...

MAC Anesthesia
Jul 10, 2014

What does MAC stand for? I thought it was monitored anesthesia care but I saw something else when googling -- minimal something. Thanks for your help. ...

Anesthesia GAK/GAC?
Mar 12, 2015

The doctor says, anesthesia, GAK/GAC?, 0.5% Marcaine with IV sedation.  I can't verify the word GAK/GAC?  Help please, and thanks in advance.  ...

Pelvic Exam Reveals A Significant Cystocele, Which Worsens With (s/l "VISOLVA")
Nov 26, 2011

Sounds like "worsens with 'visolva'"   (vih-solva) Any help? TIA!!! ...

Sounds Like TPT Under Anesthesia????
Oct 14, 2009

TBT or TPT.....hard to hear what she is saying but it is under Anesthesia.... ...

Anesthesia Question Help Please
Apr 01, 2010

This is an operative report for a vein graft procedure: Under ultrasound guidance, [?] anesthesia was injected along the course of the saphenous vein.  Again, a total of 300 cc of [?] anesthesia was utilized.  s/l "tamessin", all I could find was temazin, a cold medicine?? Seems like it should be something else.  TIA ...

GAV And MET Dental Anesthesia?
Apr 08, 2010

Hello...I have a dental procedure under anesthesia....Sounds like she's saying the anesthesia is "G A V and met" - Is GAV and MET correct? ...