A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

She has S/L SEDs on both lower extremities. - Terese B McCartney

Posted: Jan 11, 2010

After bilateral knee arthroplasty, patient has (S/L) SEDs on both lower extremities.

I cannot seem to figure this one out. I was thinking TEDs stockings or some mechanical device to prevent DVT?

It is SCD sequential compression - device nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thank you. - Terese B McCartney

[ In Reply To ..]
I've had those myself but did not know the acronym. Thanks.

Similar Messages:

Grip Strength In His Upper And Lower Extremities?
Nov 20, 2012

The Dr. says "Grip strength is 5/5 in the upper and lower extremities."  Is he misspeaking, or is there grip strength measurement for the lower extremities?     Thanks! ...

Bilateral Lower Extremity VS. Bilateral Lower Extremities
Oct 18, 2012

Hi all, There is a discrepancy with the proper use of this - can anyone help? Some at my work are saying it should be bilateral lower extremities, whereas others think it is bilateral lower extremity since the "bilateral" implies that it's plural and hence no need to say "lower extremities." I've seen it both ways, but the more that I think about it the more I'm getting myself confused. Any input would be greatly appreciated! ...

Lower Extremities And Very S/l Hyperprepinted Areas Compatible With Stigmata
May 22, 2010

Woody skin at the lower extremities and very s/l hyperprepinted areas compatible with stigmata, venous stasis, and poor circulation.   ...

Physical Exam: DTRs Equal 2+ 4 Upper And Lower Extremities.
Jun 20, 2010

Unsure how to correctly type the 2+ 4.  Does she mean 2+/4??  Thanks for helping. ...

Doing H&P, For Extremities: She Says "Extremities Are Without CCREV." Or CCRV?? Not
May 13, 2015

nm ...

Extremities
Sep 19, 2011

Dictated as:  Upper extremity has some s/l econotic spots.  Any ideas anyone??? ...

EXTREMITIES: WWP
Oct 14, 2012

Cannot remember what this is for the life of me!   ...

Extremity Or Extremities
Apr 18, 2012

Which is correct?   Has bilateral lower extremity edema. Has bilateral lower extremities edema.   Thanks! ...

Extremities: -sl Ruddy.
Jan 17, 2013

Female patient with pericardial effusion.  History of hypertension and non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus.  Dr. with foreign accent.  Sounds like he is saying Extremities: Ruddy.  Anyone ever run across Ruddy when describing the extremities? ...

ER Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 24, 2011

Never seen or heard before. New doc states in extremities portion...No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  EDVLSWNL. At least that what is sounds like. Could possibly be EDVLSWNO but don't know what that would be either. Has anyone here heard of this? Thanks! ...

Physical Exam. Extremities
Dec 01, 2010

Physical Exam:  Extremities (sounds like no tumor). What could it be? ...

Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 30, 2011

I have listened to this over and over and it sounds like this doctor is saying, "No clubbing, cyanosis, edema, or lesions.  Full range of motion s/l of/in both pulses."  Then he goes on to the neurologic part of the exam.  Can anyone help me with this, please? ...

Significant Anesthesia Of Extremities?
Dec 28, 2011

Dictator dictating the extremity section of PE and says significant right-sided hemiplegia, significant "anesthesia."?  Would this be what is sounds like?  TIA. ...

Neuro Exam Or Extremities? Sm
Jun 22, 2015

When the doctor dictates about the gait and tandem gait, do you leave that under extremities if he dictates it there?  He usually says it at very end of physical exam, and I am unsure if he just forgot to dictate "NEUROLOGICAL" heading or what.  Sometimes he does dictate a NEUROLOGICAL heading and puts the gait there as well as other things, but then many times he dictates it at end of extremities and does not give separate heading.  What would be the appropriate thing to do in th ...

Extremities: No Rubs, Cords, Or Edema
Nov 20, 2011

Does this look right? Extremities: No rubs, cords, or edema.What are rubs and cords in the extremities?Thanks ...

MT Pay Going Lower And Lower.
Jun 19, 2011

I think it is very easy to see that with MT pay going lower and lower like 2.5 cpl that there will be very few MTs that stay in this business and who would even want to study to become an MT.  This country has lost so many jobs overseas that I have no idea what the future will hold for many people to even try to find work.  Unbelievable to think that we can survive in an American economy on wages that are paid overseas which is exactly what is happening.  It is impossible to do.&n ...

My Pay Keeps Getting Lower And Lower. Nm
Jan 25, 2013

nm ...

Lower And Lower Pay
May 09, 2014

Well I started with a new company this week and so far I have made $31 for the whole week.  I  have never done Radiology before and that was what they put me on.  I am acute care but the hospital I used to work for had their own Radiology Dept, so th is is a new learning curve, plus new doctors, format, etc.  By the time QA gets ahold of reports I feel ike a new student and I have over 35 years exp.  I am beyond depressed.  At least I can put on my resume Radiology ...

Perihalem Lower Lungs
Dec 03, 2009

Perihalem lower lung field. ...

Lower Extremity Examination
Jan 08, 2010

The lower extremities show marked peripheral varicosities.  There are also some excoriated lesions of the lower extremities with some mild scarring secondary to __s/l "thorabnitis". Any ideas?  This M.D. has a tendency to make up words, so he could be saying something totally different than how it sounds. Thanks  ...

Softscript Aiming Lower Than Ever
Jan 26, 2011

After years of "who cares" from leadership and with the associated expenses being solely covered by MT's they are now flexing their muscles with a new process. It will be interesting to see if the MTs resort to mutiny after all the posts about never hearing from leadership when needed and never having any work month after month year after year.   Mutiny-Probably not since leadership has dug themselves into an "authority" hole by the way they have behaved for so terribly long. ...

Going Back To TTS At A Lower Rate Than Before : (
Mar 14, 2012

What's going on with TTS?   When I first worked for them a few years ago they offered a little more than I was making at a national.  I was told they did this to kept quality MTs.  Now the story is different and I was told they need to lower line rates because of competition.  They also lost a manager after years with TTS.  Am I being bamboozled or is there a TTS buyout in sight?  ...

Excision, Lesion Right Lower Leg
Mar 31, 2012

Can anyone help with my missing word..sounds like drrav... Lesion was excised in full thickness manner taking a cuff of normal-appearing skin with it. The ___ skin under localization was done prior to full thickness excision. ...

Why Am I Seeing LOWER Line Rates Than Ever?!
Dec 22, 2012

Browsing through the job listings (again), and noticing 7 cpl for IC!?  WHAT?  Why is this industry allowed to get away with this crap!  I worked for the same company for 17 years before the MQ acquired it.  I ended up quitting in 2004.  At that time, I was making 9.5 cpl and had "topped out" at that rate, not having had a raise in more than a year.  Since then, I have been job-hopping and cannot seem to find contentment with any company.  In my experience, t ...

Lower Line Counts
Dec 11, 2013

Last month, I had no problem clearing 1400-1700 lines.  Now, I struggle to even get the 1200 we are required even though I work just as hard if not harder than I did before.  I have continued to eliminate distractions and barely move from my desk, yet my line count seems to continue to drop.  Anyone else having this problem? ...

New Accounts Means Lower Pay
Jul 05, 2014

It seems the minute you get used to an account and are earning a little above minimum wage, they then put you on another account and then you're back to a lower speed because there's lots of new MT Instructions to review and get used to, etc. ...

Lower Line Counts???
Dec 12, 2014

Since this new "compensation plan", is it just me or has anyone else noticed they are working harder than ever, yet getting less lines? ...

Duplex Lower Extremity Bilateral?
Nov 27, 2009

Does anyone know if this is suppose to read "duplex lower extremity bilateral?" ...

Being Paid A Lower Amount Than Promised
Dec 18, 2009

Has anyone ever signed a contract with a company that specified a certain cpl and then when you started, you discovered that you  were being  paid a full cent less, with no explanation?  How did you handle it? ...

Opinions Please-- Would You Accept A Lower Cpl Over A Higher
Nov 12, 2012

7 cpl job has BCBS about 53.00 per pp, dental 4.00 per pp. Employer pays for short term and long term disability, and they pay your life insurance at 2 times your pay. They offer about 28 paid PTO days per year, 8 holidays a year of which you have to work at least 2, profit sharing if company has increased profits for the year, plus 401K where they will deposit 3%, plus match 50 cents on the dollar up to 8%. They provide equipment. Very easy and transcription friendly software program, pay ...