A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l zone of 'Romvea" during an ortho surgery - nm

Posted: Oct 14, 2013

nm

neck? leg? arm? back? knee? wrist? - what kind of surgery?

[ In Reply To ..]

Way late but for the curious...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
zone of Ranvier, found in Stedman's Ortho Words under zone. Yes, I still use my old reference books. They are great for this kind of search.

Similar Messages:

Heard Of JMC Or GMC For Ortho Surgery?
Oct 30, 2009

A stab incision was made with an 11 blade knife "GMC"was inserted on the crest and penetrated through with a mallet.  He says this a few times so fast and I cannot get what he is saying.  This is what comes up in VR as I am typing....  Jamshidi???? Any ideas.  Thanks in advance.  I have searched and searched ad nauseum ...

Ortho Knee Surgery
Jan 26, 2011

s/l synovial "crud" or "crudge"  thanks for any help! ...

Ortho Knee Surgery Help Retractor Name
Mar 15, 2010

Surgeon is using a Homan/Hohmann retractor.  I found both terms in the Tessier Surgical Word Book and also both terms used regarding this arthroscopic knee replacement surgery via Google. What I need is an MT who has some experience with this and can advise me as to which is correct.  This is my first operative report for ortho. I need an Obi-Wan to my Luke! ...

Ortho Knee Surgery/procedure
May 31, 2010

The * (could be one or two words, I can't even describe what it sounds like!) about the upper and lower extremities were all padded. Thanks  S/L  plain poralances? ...

Ortho Surgery - Placed Again In Neutral And Then A (s/l 55) Shaver Was Utilized
Jan 05, 2011

Next, the knee was placed again in neutral and then a (s/l 55) shaver was utilized to debride the ACL remnant.  Following this, the (s/l 55) burr was placed... Ortho is not my strong suite but was asked to help out.  Thanks in advance. ...

Ortho: Patient With SCFE. He Will Be Set Up To Have Surgery Tomorrow With An (s/l In-site To Screw
Nov 06, 2011

TIA :-) ...

Ortho Surgery ?? Articular Or S/l "highland" Surface
Apr 02, 2013

He has said it twice and I just can't seem to put my finger on it to even point me in the right direction.  Covering for someone, so this is not my specialty.  Here are both examples.  Thanks! The chondral surface of the medial compartment anterior to this transitions to grade 2 to grade 1.  Even at the most anterior, the medial femoral condyle is essentially normal "high on" surface.  The remainder of the lateral meniscus is intact and the articular or "highland/ ...

Ortho Surgery S/l Vaber Clamp Or Vabar Clamp
Dec 31, 2010

s/l Vaber clamp or Vabar clamp, maybe even vapor.  Can't verify any.  Split the IT band and vessels, then débrided, then cross-clamped with ___ clamp to achieve reduction.  TIA. ...

Ortho Surgery "Silok" Screw?
Nov 27, 2013

x ...

Ortho Surgery S/l Tack Stitch Or Tag Stitch
Sep 14, 2010

The biceps was released from the superior portion of the labrum and a (s/l tack stitch or tag stitch) was applied to hold it in the intraarticular space. Thanks in advance.  I will probably have more questions...new at ortho surgery. ...

Ortho Surgery Done "under CR"?
Jul 26, 2010

Ortho report about upcoming surgery to remove previous ORIF hardware: "I would want to do this under (s/l CR) to minimize her incision sites." CR sounds a bit like "see on".  CR would imply "closed reduction" and that doesn't sound right to me.  Thoughts? ...

Hair Zone Pillows???
Jun 17, 2011

I swear the doc is saying "hair zone" pillows.  Here is the sentence in its entirety: Patient is on a pressure redistribution surface already, to be turned q.2 h., elevator "hair zone" pillows. It's probably something really simple and I'm going to feel so silly.  ...

DQS Maintenance For 24th From 5 To 6:15 Am EST And 10 Am To 11:15 BST??? What Time Zone Is BST?
Oct 20, 2009

I'm in PST (pacific standard).  I was thinking this BST could mean mountain time?  BUT, the time isn't correct, 5 am Eastern time wouldn't be 10 am mountain time...Hmmm.  Let me guess....is BST a time zone in INDIA???? I know, I know, so what's my point.  Sorry, don't have one.  Just sayin....... ...

S/L Ovid Zone Of Signal Intensity.....sm
Sep 24, 2010

A focus of bone marrow multiple myeloma lesion is not excluded, although the degenerative posttraumatic focus is another possibility.  Finally, there is an S/L ovid zone of signal intensity.  ...

*hemoceftive* Zone Response To Opioids?? Thanks. Nm
Jan 03, 2012

nm ...

Is Paying For A Different Time Zone Legal?
Apr 26, 2015

I work for a transcription company on the west coast.  I have to post my hours in their time zone so I don't quality for a shift differential.  this doesn't seem legal to me. I should be paid for the shift i'm actually working. shouldn't I?! ...

Drug S/l Fu-to-ko-zone Two Sprays Each Nostril Daily
Apr 13, 2010

x ...

Drug S/l Be-thox-i-med-i-zone 60 Gram Tube, 0.25% Cream
Jan 25, 2011

x ...

Brain Injury Through Zone Of S/l Fatalis In Pons And Midbrain
Nov 12, 2013

Thank you ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Left Hemipelvectomy Of "zone" Resection Primarily 2 But Also, 3 And 1,
Mar 08, 2011

For chondrosarcoma.  Does the pelvis have zones?  ...

Overtime Because Of The Time Clock Time Zone Change?
Feb 06, 2011

It has been inconvenient, and maybe a bit confusing at times, to check my time card hours for my shift as, because of my time zone, part of my hours show up on the next day because I work 2nd shift. I wonder if I will get overtime for yesterday, even though I did not work overtime. I had to start work several hours early because of maintenance, so all hours were completed before the hour my hours start showing up on the next day. Fine. But the last couple hours of yesterday show up as today, ...

The New MQ Time Clock Time Zone Change
Jan 04, 2011

is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Like I'm going to remember 6 months from now to ask for my PTO in CST time when I am in EST time zone.  MQ is the screwiest company I have ever worked for. ...

Help With This Ortho Please And Thanks!
Oct 22, 2009

this note is for pain of the right ankle - She has had multiple treatment modalities, including s/l "an o fa reeses", Lidoderm patch, acupuncture, Neurontin. and on physical examination, There are no skin changes over the ankle.  No erythema, warmth, or other sign of infection.  There is no s/l "al o din e um".  She does not have a focal area of tenderness to palpation. ...

Ortho Help?
Nov 03, 2009

A left lateral disc protrusion herniation of 7-8mm is noted effacing the surface of the thecal sac and extends into cauter recess of the left neuroforaminal stenosis. This might impinge the exiting dural sleeve of the left L4 nerve root.   Any ideas? THx. ...

Need Some Ortho Help, Please
Aug 13, 2010

Dictated: Structurally, I think the wrist is intact.  There is no s/l clunking.  s/l Lots of chip test is normal.  No point tenderness is noted.    Any ideas??? ...

Ortho Help Please (and Thanks!)
Aug 26, 2010

Pediatric case  "his radius fracture had some loss in reduction with _____(s/l apextal soluation"??)     ...

Can Anyone Please Help? Ortho
Sep 12, 2010

Does this make sense "stiff rank with anterior drawer testing".  If not, any suggestions what kind of rank couldsound that way"   As always,  my profound gratitiude.  ...

Ortho Help Please!
Nov 23, 2010

I need some opinions please.  When they are dictating about joint replacements is it well-seated or well-seeded.  I have always typed well-seated but I have had my QA to tell me different TWICE now, one states well-seated and the other states well-seeded.   TIA ...

Ortho X 2
Mar 11, 2011

...lateral partial faciectomy with patellar revision with or without the need forS/L tenalum augment.  I do not think there will be an issue with S/L bone stop, but I will have the S/L tenalum augment available. Thanks in advance. ...