A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

s/l "platiso" muscle (tracheostomy) - CrabbyMT

Posted: Sep 15, 2012

A new dictator to me is dictating an tracheostomy.  He says, "Incision was carried down through the subcutaneous tissue and s/l platiso muscle using the Bovie." I have googled neck muscles. Maybe I'm not seeing the correct muscle group, but if someone know what this is, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

crabbyMT - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Platysma

So Much Less Crabby Now - Thanks to you, MT!!

[ In Reply To ..]
Just when I think nothing can go right in my world a fellow MT comes to my rescue! Yay! (Could you come to my house and re-program the VCR??)

Spelling of term - TennesseeMT

[ In Reply To ..]
My guess would be the platysma muscle.

Plastiso - Bobo

[ In Reply To ..]
Platiso: it's probably platysma.

Similar Messages:

Looking For Opinions! Should "muscle Relaxers" Always Be Changed To "muscle Relaxant
Jun 17, 2010

That was the entire question!  Thanks!!! ...

Tracheostomy
Aug 24, 2010

tracheostomy tube:  tip is at "???" level i've been looking into this one for what feels like ages... ...

Tracheostomy Slang
Dec 06, 2010

When a doctor dictates for a tracheostomy and says "trach", is it trach or trache?  Also, is it okay to type trach or trache, or should you put tracheostomy? Thanks. ...

Tracheostomy Terminology
Mar 28, 2012

"Ongoing tracheostomy with 8 liters of oxygen per the s/l HAG (or HEG) flow by." I haven't found anything with the "HAG" or "HEG" yet or even anything on a tracheostomy "flow by".  He sometimes dictates things backwards and I have to reword quite a bit.   ...

S/l FiO2 On 35% Tracheostomy Mask Is 92%
Jul 30, 2010

s/l FiO2 on 35% tracheostomy mask is 92%. I'm used to FiO2 being a much lower number.  Does this make sense? ...

Tracheostomy - SCIP Protocol
Nov 03, 2011

Cannot verify "SCIP/SKIP" protocol will not be used.  Any verifications/thoughts?  Thanks. ...

Infection Around The Tracheostomy Site - Hypen?
May 14, 2010

Patient has chronic infection around his tracheotomy site, but he dictates it as "chronic Staph infection peri tracheal site." Should this be hyphenated? Smooshed together? Left seperated as above?   Thanks! ...

S/l RS Gag And Is Now On Aerosol Tracheostomy Collar With A Passy-Muir Valve
May 19, 2010

He has not been able to pass his s/l RS gag and is now on aerosol tracheostomy collar with a Passy-Muir valve, and his speech is clear. ...

Tracheostomy Procedure...We Asked Anesthesia To Withdrawn Their Tube And Placed Our
May 25, 2010

s/l "8 Jackson 9" tracheostomy under direct visualization. ...

Muscle Or Ligament
Jan 18, 2010

pain in the s/l disorius embi cyftum- a muscle or ligament. ...

Muscle Rents?
Sep 26, 2012

Doc says patient has "no obvious s/l rents or deficits in muscle ability."  Does that make sense?   ...

Scalenaticus Muscle
Oct 24, 2012

I can't find s/l scalenaticus muscle related to a thoracic outlet syndrome, anywhere.  Anyone know it?   ...

Maybe A Muscle/skin Word
Dec 06, 2012

Abdominal exam reveals a lot of s/l scuria from pregnancy. It is definitely not hernia or scars - any ideas?  Thanks! ...

One More... Pertalis Muscle? Please See Message
Sep 05, 2014

The patient has a growing lipoma of his left upper eyebrow. On examination, his s/l pertalis muscle is intact. TIA. ...

Peenya Or Pinya Muscle Stimulator
Oct 27, 2009

This infant has colon/rectal problems, used this Pingya/Peenya device for neuromuscular stimulation.  I have checked EVERYWHERE!!  Any suggestions?? ...

How Do You Type ... Grade 1 To 2 Or 1-2 Muscle Tear?
Nov 23, 2009

grade 1 to 2 or 1-2 muscle tear? tia. There is a focal hemorrhage in the central portion of the distal rectus femoris, consistent with the grade 1-2 muscle tear.   ...

S/l Extensory Storm Brevis Muscle
Mar 29, 2010

the diagnosis is strain of the s/l extensory storm brevis muscle. tia. ...

Lumbar Pain/DDD/muscle Weakness
Sep 10, 2010

I'm having some trouble with this dictation...I think it must have been late in the day for this dr...this one was didn't make sense in many places where she'd use the wrong words, not finish a thought, dictate different med doses, etc.  I've narrowed it down to 2 that I absolutely cannot get & I don't know if they are mistakes or not.  The patient is being worked up for lumber pain, DDD, muscle weakness, and a positive ANA. "The patient was having muscle ...

Test For Puborectalis Muscle..see Message Please
Mar 09, 2011

s/l forange-ithography or forange-ifography demonstrated reduced relaxation of the puborectalis muscle.   TIA ...

Pectorum (sp) Pelvic Girdle Muscle
Mar 24, 2014

It sounds like he says pectorum? but i can not find anything like that. helppp ...

Rotator Cuff Musculature Or Muscle Tear?
Oct 15, 2009

it really sounds like he says "musclulature" ...

Raising/racing/razing Of Quadriceps Muscle?
Nov 12, 2009

I can hardly understand this ortho resident.  Hx:  Morbidly obese patient with severe osteo in both knees, failed steroid inj, next step Supartz.  He is examining her legs and says that range of movement is restricted due to pain.  He then goes on to say There is (s/l raising/racing/razing) of quadriceps muscle seen.  She does have tenderness in her knees in both medial and patellofemoral joint lines.  Any ideas?  I'm ready to buy this doc a plane ticket ...

Prescribed S/l Celendec(?) And Flexeril For Muscle Pain
Aug 18, 2010

I'm stumped on the name of this drug -- have looked it up in Google with every spelling I can think of with no luck. The patient was prescribed s/l Celendec and Flexeril for muscle pain. Thanks!!! Lauren ...

Pt Underwent An "elect Out" Tracheostomy. (larynx Cancer)
Sep 11, 2011

:) ...

Left Psoas Muscle Down To Inferior "jerosa Estacia" Sm
Oct 28, 2010

liposarcoma inseparable from the inferior left psoas muscle tracking down to involve the inferior "gerosas estacia" and true pelvis.  ...

Self Cath To Avoid Further "ditchers" Or Muscle Damage.
Jan 24, 2012

We encouraged him to continue performing self-catheterization, as directed, to avoid further "ditchers" or muscle damage.    I can't hear strictures at all :/ ...