A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

pain in the wrist helped by "brafy vac" therapy? sm - stuck on this one

Posted: Feb 17, 2010

A patient who has a rotator cuff repair on the right and then started having pain to the left wrist after surgery.  The pain was 10/10 but recently has been helped by "brafyvac" or "brafyfac"  therapy? 

Anybody know what that is?

Thanks.

Not even close to your s/l but..sm - kip

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe ActiPatch therapy ??

makes me think of brachytherapy - sgill

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe it's brachytherapy and he stuttered while saying it? I didn't find brachyvac therapy, though.

I thought of brachytherapy...sm - kip

[ In Reply To ..]
also but that's for prostate cancer and this was some type of therapy for wrist pain, if I read the post correctly.

Similar Messages:

Wrist/hand Pain
Nov 18, 2009

I am a new MT and have only been working a couple of weeks but loving it!  I was just wondering if any of you seasoned MTs out there remembered having hand and wrist pain when you first started?  With the increased amount of typing that I have been doing all day long every day, I find that my hands and wrists hurt when I am doing other things.  I am not talking about being sore, which I expected until I get use to all the typing, but actual stabs of pain when I move them certain w ...

Right Hand To Wrist Pain?
May 03, 2012

would it be right hand to wrist pain or right hand-to-wrist pain? ...

Does Anybody Have Left Wrist Pain
Jun 20, 2012

My left wrist is killing me.  I have been doing ASR for years but lately my wrist hurts much worse.  There is probably going to be a syndrome named for this. MModal wrist syndrome or something. I have also had 3 carpal tunnel surgeries.  It's ridiculous to be killing our health for peanuts.  ...

Does SR Cause Hand, Wrist, Arm Pain? CT?
Nov 29, 2012

Has anyone else noticed extreme pain pop up since SR became the norm?  I used to get tired fingers, but nothing like has come on the last few years.  I'm on the verge of surgery from tennis elbow on both sides, CT on both sides, can't move my hands for a half hour after I wake up in the morning, etc.    All the years of typing didn't bring this on, but 3 years of SR has.  Seems obvious to me! ...

Patient With L Wrist Pain
Mar 12, 2015

Patient has undergone previous fractures and underwent distal ulnar excision ____ procedure with pinning of the distal ulna to the radius. ...

Please Share Tips On Preventing Wrist/hand Pain
Feb 16, 2010

Hello Friends,   If you could kindly share your tips on what you do to keep your wrists going for some more years. Do you type with a brace, frequent breaks, hand exercises? Any ideas please?     ...

S/l "range" "fen" Device .. Physical Therapy - Neck Pain
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Helped Someone Else Get Started?
Mar 14, 2010

Hello all!  It has been some time since I have posted here but used to visit quite often.  My daughter-in-law is just about to finish my transcription course materials (she has finished the book work and is working on transcribing the voice files).  She has already started applying to companies, however she is running up against the same issue we have all run up against as newbies "experience required."  I am willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, have her work beside ...

MT Experience Helped Get A Job And Increased Starting Pay As Coder
May 12, 2015

I just wanted to post a word of encouragement to others looking for a coding job.  I'm currently working as an MT, studying coding at The Andrews School, passed my CPC exam in December and I just got my first job in coding.  Because of my MT experience, my new employer gave me "credit" for my MT experience and gave me a higher starting pay rate.  I haven't even finished my studies at Andrews yet.  The jobs are out there, and there are companies willing to hire new c ...

Dr. Is Saying Pegus Arginase Therapy...cannot Find...could It Be Pegasys/arginase Therapy?? See Mor
Apr 01, 2010

History of hyperglycemia associated with steroid and pegus arginase therapy in the past. ...

HAART Therapy Vs ART Therapy
Sep 08, 2013

What is the difference?  ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

Had QA Correct Me On Speech Therapy To Speech Therapy
Jun 03, 2013

The phrase is She will be evaluated by PT, OT and speech therapy, corrected to She will be evaluated by PT, OT and Speech Therapy.  I thought it was only capitalized in when followed by a proper name like Montana Central Hospital Speech Therapy.    Thanks.  ...

Wrist MRI
Feb 22, 2012

There is ____________of the scaphoid at the attachment of the scapholunate ligament with a subtle tear not being able to be excluded.  There is mild dorsal __________ of the lunate.  There is irregularity of the triangular fiber cartilage without frank tear and _________.   MRI demonstrated degenerative changes at the 1st carpometacarpal and scaphotrapezial joint. She has cystic changes versus fluid in the scapholunate interval. There is s/l ***in-stig-nus**** of the scaphoid a ...

MRI Wrist
May 16, 2012

The wrist has marrow edema, joint effusion and an intra-articular body.  Differential considerations include RA and s/l "indurin" infection. ...

"C-LOCK" Therapy. Is This "coacogenic" Therapy? (SM)
Feb 04, 2013

This is on an ano-rectal cancer patient: He had "C-LOCK" therapy. Is this short for coacogenic? Thx. ...

S/l Cockup Wrist
Oct 18, 2009

The patient is still having significant problems with regard to her left wrist. A [cockupwrist] was applied for such.     He might be saying .. 'dressing' where I think I hear wrist.. and its a K sound (or c) at the beginning, but I've gone through my list of dressings and nothing seems to fit.   any ideas?   tia :) ...

Wrist X-ray / Spine
Mar 01, 2010

X-ray findings were obtained and reviewed today.  These demonstrate a solid fusion of his distal radius with excellent consolidation of all his carpal bones.  His pisiform is in excellent conjunction with the radius itself; the "dairy J"? appears to be well-preserved.  There is callus formation over the radius. Please HELP!!!! "Dairy J" ...

Exam Of Right Wrist Please Sm
Oct 16, 2011

She has a negative Finkelstein's test and negative s/l Baylor's grind test.  Thanks!! ...

Wrist Compartments
Jun 20, 2012

First dorsal compartment of the wrist or 1st dorsal compartment of the wrist? Also, when did intra-articular change to intraarticular? ...

Test For Wrist And Elbows
Apr 28, 2010

s/l janel or genel test. I cannot find this kind of test in my word books. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Pt Is S/p Wrist Arthrotomy With Synovectomy. Please Sm
May 01, 2010

Plan:  We have recommended occupational therapy for modality treatments, s/l BTE strengthening for pronation and supination.   ...

Wrist Fusion Question Sm
Jun 09, 2011

He is not tender along the s/l "course of his plate", especially anterior, posterior, medial, lateral. Thanks. ...

Balar (?) Joint Of The Wrist
Jul 07, 2011

The patient has a painful wrist and the doc says what sounds like "balar" joint.  I've never heard of it and looked up joints and bones and just cannot find this.  Sentence is:  She is tender along the _____ joint on the left wrist. ...

Keyboard Wrist Rest
Jul 20, 2011

I cannot type without a wrist rest for my keyboard. I had a good one and cannot replace it as they no longer make it.  Can anyone suggest a good one?  My old one was 19" long and about 2" deep. Thanks so much! ...

Wrist Fusion Question, Sm
Mar 31, 2012

doc says:  He does describe some discomfort over the intersections.  On the pressure or palpation over this does not seem to accentuate this. I am assuming it is intersections and not inner sections.  Also, he says this like it is one big sentence, but doesn't make sense to me that way.  Your opinion on the sentence structure.  Thanks! ...

Suggestions For Wrist Rests?
May 01, 2012

Looking to purchase a wrist rest for a Toshiba Satellite laptop.  Suggestions would be appreciated.   ...